Prayers Needed

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got an email from my niece in Oklahoma. My brother passed away on April 2nd. Three of his children were with him when he died and they were able to let him know that I loved him and was thinking of him.

I cannot afford to fly out to Oklahoma for the funeral and I would not be able to get the time off even if I could afford it.

Please pray for his kids and grandkids. He was young, only 55.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my God... I am so sorry for your loss.... Many prayers to you and your family.

cat.ling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you and your family are doing as well as can be expected.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I just got an email from my niece in Oklahoma. My brother passed away on April 2nd. Three of his children were with him when he died and they were able to let him know that I loved him and was thinking of him.

I cannot afford to fly out to Oklahoma for the funeral and I would not be able to get the time off even if I could afford it.

Please pray for his kids and grandkids. He was young, only 55.
I can understand not affording it, but your employer NOT giving you time off for your own brother's funeral? That's terrible!!! What kind of work do you do that your bosses won't let you go? Geez! If you can take the time, can the family pass the hat so you can get a flight? The airlines offer bereavement air fares... don't know how much of a deal you get.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Lots of prayers and are on the way to you and your family.
And I was wondering the same thing, what in the world is wrong with your employer?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

I can understand not affording it, but your employer NOT giving you time off for your own brother's funeral? That's terrible!!! What kind of work do you do that your bosses won't let you go? Geez! If you can take the time, can the family pass the hat so you can get a flight? The airlines offer bereavement air fares... don't know how much of a deal you get.
I could probably get it off but from what I understand, they only give you 3 days for out of town relatives. Not enough time to fly out and back in. And as for the airfair. It would have to be about $50 for me to afford it. I am living paycheck to paycheck until DH gets his disability

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very, very sorry for your loss, and that you're unable to attend your brother's funeral. May he rest in peace, and may his children cope with his loss.