Best Weather Pictures

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weather has been a hobby of mine for a while. It amazes me yet scares me! Share your favorite weather picture you've taken!

Here are 2 of the sky over our house Last week. We decided to name this cloud "Satan Cloud" it was rather scary!

They were taken around 6 when it should have still been plenty bright out...

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a great video of a storm a few years ago...Weather pics of mine do not work well,How do i post video?

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oooh, awesome thread & pics guys!
From a fellow storm lover I say the scarier the better.
Monsoon season is one of the few things that makes Arizona bearable for me.
I don't share my weather pics very often, so I hope you guys don't mine my adding a bit more than a few?

The lightning was way too bright for the cam, so I left the flash open while taking this one. Needless to say I took the hint and went inside after seeing it coming in my direction on the preview screen.

These two are of the first dust storm I experienced here. Not really weather, but thought I'd throw em' in!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This isn't a great picture, but this a picture of the wettest place on our planet - Waialeale Crater on the island of Kauai, Hawaii. We took it from a helicopter as we flew over it. The fact that it is the wettest spot on the planet had some significance here, as it always has interesting weather.

I've got some good rainbow and lightning shots somewhere and need to find them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome shots guys! kittybernard I really love your lightening pics! I tried so hard to get some decent shots of lightening at the beach but it didnt work!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelic00

I have a great video of a storm a few years ago...Weather pics of mine do not work well,How do i post video?
You can sign up for a free account at the image/video hosting site Photobucket.com (if you don't already have one). After uploading your video to their site you can copy the IMG code they give you and paste it straight into your post.

Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Awesome shots guys! kittybernard I really love your lightening pics! I tried so hard to get some decent shots of lightening at the beach but it didnt work!
Thanks!
Lightning is annoying isn't it?! I get so ticked off when trying to capture it.. especially when it strikes a millisecond after the shutter closes! Argh!
I often have some
words with the clouds.

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
there is alot of blackness at the beginning but about half way through it is really nasty.Ohh and the voices are me and my boyfriend. Enjoy...

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelic00

there is alot of blackness at the beginning but about half way through it is really nasty.Ohh and the voices are me and my boyfriend. Enjoy...
That's a really cool video! I love how it's all black with the shots of the lightning that show the trees.

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The video was taken in Evergreen mobile home park in Edmonton a very hard hit tornado area in 1987,the video was taken 2007(if you research black Friday in Edmonton)you will find Edmonton mostly Evergreen.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
these are the only 'weather' pix i have - last year's freak snowstorm that hit the thursday before spring break. we got about 7 inches - unusual here at any time of the year, but this was the first heavy snow in March in this area in over 40 years.
my back yard

view out my front window

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay that just makes me cold! It seems like our bad snows were always in March here! Fresh snow is always so pretty! Although it really makes me want to go running through it and make footprints everywhere!

And just to add to this weatherness here is our forecast for the week...
Sun Apr 5 Mostly Sunny 73°

Mon Apr 6 Rain 50°

Tue Apr 7 Snow Shower 40°
REALLY?!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love these weather pictures. I have a few here

A few snow pictures.

Driving in a heavy lake effect snow storm. The same storm that dumped all the snow in the first picture.

Digging out the bobcat enclosure after a foot or more snow fall.

Sun set after a thunder storm.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pics everyone

I'm going to have to dig up some pics.

Hmmm, does a lunar eclipse count as weather? Prolly not but I have a few cool shots of it from a couple years ago.