Maggie is GONE!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm at Nancy. She's just gone. We've looked every possible place, even the places it would be horrible to find her like the washer and dryer and freezer. There's no way she could have gotten outside, but we looked there anyway. We're freaking OUT!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We looked for over two hours. Nancy said there is no way she could have gotten out. She leaves through the garage and you have to go through the tiny laundry to get to the garage. The laundry room is like, the width and depth of the door, so she would have seen if she'd gotten into the garage. No one came over, the only people to have keys are her two sons, Steve and Jon and Susie, her sister. Nancy says her toys were moved, she ate a tiny bit but hasn't used her litter box since Nancy left for work. Jon, Nancy and I looked EVERYWHERE.

Poor Nancy, You get used to your kitties so fast. This is the first night Nancy's had without her. I

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my cats are excellent at hiding using the 'purloined letter' technique... i.e. in plain sight!
sending & that you locate her asap!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, Nancy just IMed me. The little stinker just came strolling up the stairs, just as relaxed as you please. Oh my gosh, we were so worried.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg. I'm so glad she's okay and decided to come out......from wherever she was.

Isn't it nutso that our cats drive us crazy like this sometimes? My Larry did the same thing on New Year's Day. I live in a studio apartment, there was no way he could have gotten out, I looked everywhere

Everywhere except under a quilt on my bed. He was perfectly content there, looking at me like I was crazy when I finally lifted a corner of the quilt and there he was.

I wonder if they know what they do to us!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
....and she was very pleased with herself at her great hiding place, wasn't she?

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! So glad Nancy found her. Yeah, I love it when they come strolling up to you, innocent looks on their faces, after you have searched the entire house for them. Don't do that again, Maggie!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They can hide in places you'd never guess. You have to check every closet, every folded blanket, everything. Obviously she found someplace you didn't, because she just strolled out!

You need something special that is guaranteed to bring the cats out. For one cat we had, it was shaking the treat can. For our current cats, it's rattling the saucers we put their soft food on.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

They can hide in places you'd never guess. You have to check every closet, every folded blanket, everything. Obviously she found someplace you didn't, because she just strolled out!

You need something special that is guaranteed to bring the cats out. For one cat we had, it was shaking the treat can. For our current cats, it's rattling the saucers we put their soft food on.
Well, she's not very food motivated, affection goes a longer way with her, which is one reason we were so worried. She's never not came to greet Nancy when she came home from work. And she usually comes out at my voice too.

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have a funny story that's just like this...When I brought Bast home, she was nervous and scared, of course. I isolated her from the other cats in my bedroom with her own box and food, etc, and kept the door shut.

I was going to leave to run an errand, and wanted to make sure she was still doing okay in the bedroom. I went in, and called out to her, (usually she'll come right up to you if you call her), and nothing. I started looking everywhere...I mean everywhere! I have fostered kittens, so I know the crazy places cats can get into.

After a couple minutes and looking around over and over again...I started to panic...I was saying things to myself like, "I must have just imagined all this...She must not exsist. What is going on here?" I was starting to feel totally nuts, lol.

So, I left the room, made sure to close the door again, and grabbed Jack (another resident cat). Jack is very VERY smart, so I figured if anyone could find her, he could. I put him in the room and closed the door...Then came back a couple minutes later. He walked into the middle of the room and stared at me. I looked at him and asked, "Jack, where's the cat?"

He walked over to my TV ontop of my DVD player sitting on the floor and looked up at me, then at it. I walked over to where he was, and lo' & behold, there was Bast, hidden between the wall and TV. She's tiny and black, so no wonder I didn't see her.

Jack got several treats for that one, lol.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

....and she was very pleased with herself at her great hiding place, wasn't she?
JC gives Maggie a 4-paws up at her little escapade - she managed to worry half the world

At our house, we're veterans of JC's disappearances/reappearances....we call him "Stealth Deetles"

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

Okay, Nancy just IMed me. The little stinker just came strolling up the stairs, just as relaxed as you please. Oh my gosh, we were so worried.
You know I swear they like to make us freak out. The cats at the shelter do this to us on occasion. They will often hide in the strangest places, while we all run around like chickens with our heads cut off. Then when when we find them they give you that innocent look like, "What? I was here all along, why were you so worried?"

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we first brought the girls home, they were sooo tiny, only 7 weeks old. We found so many places they could hide. One was between the dishwasher and wall. They could squeeze in the there. The kitchen and bathroom cabinets, down by the floor had a small opening they could fit through. We blocked all those up. We also had to put a rolled up towel under the screen security door since they could sqeeze through and go outside!

That was the way that my neighbor got her Shadow. The people that lived in this apartment before us just turned their cats out when they moved. A mama and a couple of kittens. Shadow just crawled under the screen door and my neighbor fell in love. He is a beautiful boy too! She said she found the mama and other baby homes too.