Last Episode of ER

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a feeling I might too!

I'm actually really bummed that they changed the theme song awhile back. Would've been nice to hear the original tonight, it being the end and all.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's time for it to end...it was such a great show for so many years...I already miss many of the characters...off to watch it....

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was great they brought back the original theme song for the finale. I'm debating on staying up to watch some of it, instead of going to bed like I planned. I'm DVRing it, but I really want to watch it. I know I'll probably cry too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know! I was so expecting someone to die or something to explode. It was good but I feel like it was just another episode and wasnt that spectacular or anything.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cried. I loved the way they ended it, with the old theme song, and everyone jumping in, doing what they do in the ER.

Ernest Borgnine tore my heart out. I definitely needed tissues for his scenes.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What ON EARTH am I going to do with my Thursday nights, now?!?

A 15 year habit is hard to break! And I sure as heck am NOT interested in yet ANOTHER cop show. Thanks anyway, NBC.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittybernard

Everyone was laid off!
Hmmm, not sure what show you watched, but that wasn't the ending.

I did tape it but I haven't watched it in years but I usually try to watch the last episode of a show. I found myself not being able to sit through the whole episode and watched bits and pieces. Finally I fast forwarded to near the end.

It seems to have ended the way it started with Carter, only it was some Green's daughter in awe instead of Carter.

I was glad to see my favourite character back. Dr. Corday. I think the year she left was the last year I seriously watched the show.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Hmmm, not sure what show you watched, but that wasn't the ending.
It was just a joke!

I was pleasantly surprised to hear the original theme song again!
Not an earth shattering episode I agree, just a pleasant end. The program all about the show in general that preceeded the actual episode was the thing that had me a blubbering mess. Didn't have any tissues handy either, so I just used Billy!

I'd love to know from any fellow ER fans.. what is your favorite episode of all time?

Mine is "Time of Death" (2004) starring Ray Liotta; an absolute masterpiece. To this day it leaves me speechless. I was looking it up and found the majority of the episode cut up in ten minute parts if anyone feels like watching it!
Starts at part 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I loved the idea of Dr. Green's daughter coming in. Carrying on the legacy. That was very touching.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittybernard

I'd love to know from any fellow ER fans.. what is your favorite episode of all time?
My favorite was the first season (I think) where Hathaway was at a little store that gets held up. It was awesome. Ewan McGregor was in it. I also loved the small pox one. The one where Dr. Greene died it was super sad, but that was a good episode! The ones with Sally Field was great too.

Originally Posted by nanner

Oh, I loved the idea of Dr. Green's daughter coming in. Carrying on the legacy. That was very touching.
I LOVED that too!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kittywarden

Try to look at I also loved the ending with Rachel Greene carrying on the legacy.
I'm wondering if that wasn't done to leave the possibility open for "ER, the Second Shift" or something like that. DH was sure the hospital was going to blow up or something but I figured if they did that they couldn't have a Christmas Special or a movie.

We only got to watch the first 15 minutes of the finale, then DH had to go to the emergency room for chest pains (He's FINE btw...apparently muscle strain and panic attack). So, we watched the last 1/2 hour of ER in the ER! How ironic is that?? We DVR'ed it so we'll be watching it tonight. We got the general jist of it last night but want to see it from start to finish.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

My favorite was the first season (I think) where Hathaway was at a little store that gets held up. It was awesome. Ewan McGregor was in it.
That was my favorite episode too! I thought it was great! That and Love's Labour Lost. Also, the one where Carter and Lucy were stabbed. Both of those were great as well.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched it and felt it was a nice 'goodbye'. I loved hearing the original music also as someone else mentioned. The end of an era and I enjoyed it for the most part.