Taking Luna with me on holiday

lunalover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm going to my sister's place for a bit over a week with my boyfriend, so no one will be home to take care of Luna. I could ask for the girl who lives upstairs to feed her while I'm gone, but I know she will get too lonely and cry - she cries just when I go to work anyways.

And I don't want to put her into pet boarding - I know she won't like it, and it'll stress her out.

So I want to know, how stressful is it on the cat to go on the holiday with you? I will be staying at my sister's house so she will be staying inside the house at all times...can I expect any behavioural problems from moving her about or should she be ok? Is there anything I can do to make her more comfortable with it?

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take Hennessy with me on holiday.

It doesn't overly stress him, but he's fairly laid back. He travels well. When I arrive, I open the carrier and let him come out on his own in a safe room with food, water, and a litter box. He usually hides for a bit and then comes out, uses the box and moves on.

The only thing that really bothers him about it is the other dog.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I take both my cats with me home when I go for christmas. My intention was to keep them in one room, but within a day they had escaped and took over the entire house!

My biggest reccomendations would be to bring one of the litter boxes they are used to and maybe some water from your house.
Keep her in one room until she's comfortable then you can probably let her lose with you around! I'm sure she'd rather be with you than stuck at home alone

goodluck!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

I take both my cats with me home when I go for christmas. My intention was to keep them in one room, but within a day they had escaped and took over the entire house!

My biggest reccomendations would be to bring one of the litter boxes they are used to and maybe some water from your house.
Keep her in one room until she's comfortable then you can probably let her lose with you around! I'm sure she'd rather be with you than stuck at home alone

goodluck!
We take Bijou and Mika as well and they are also good travellers. I would also recommend not letting her loose in the whole house at first.

We set up a litter box in the car for the trip and some water.