Anybody here from Brasil??

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than me, that is???? If so, where do you live?
Just curious..........
So... Quem e brasileiro aqui (who is brasilian here?)??

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not from Brasil but hosted a young man from Brasil in a Rotary student exchange. He was a very gifted young man. At 16 he knew exactly what he wanted to do and be when he grew up and what he needed to do to achieve it. Both his parents were lawyers in Brasil.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Not from Brasil but hosted a young man from Brasil in a Rotary student exchange. He was a very gifted young man. At 16 he knew exactly what he wanted to do and be when he grew up and what he needed to do to achieve it. Both his parents were lawyers in Brasil.
Oh wow - that's nice! Do you still have contact with him?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my - that's awful! I apologize if he was ever snobby with you guys - that's not nice at all!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Oh my - that's awful! I apologize if he was ever snobby with you guys - that's not nice at all!
He was pretty snobby (snotty). He was supposed to be part of the family to see how we lived in Canada but all he wanted to do was stay at the computer and play video games. He didn't even want to eat with us. When I confronted him and told him that was not acceptable to us he was very unhappy. I asked Rotary to find him another home as he did not fit in with our family which they did after about 6-8 weeks.

He was a bad experience for us but on the other hand our daughter went to Argentina and had a wonderful experience there. She went to the Rio Negro region.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

He was pretty snobby (snotty). He was supposed to be part of the family to see how we lived in Canada but all he wanted to do was stay at the computer and play video games. He didn't even want to eat with us. When I confronted him and told him that was not acceptable to us he was very unhappy. I asked Rotary to find him another home as he did not fit in with our family which they did after about 6-8 weeks.

He was a bad experience for us but on the other hand our daughter went to Argentina and had a wonderful experience there. She went to the Rio Negro region.
Yeah, he was from another class, alright - the NO Class class! As my dad says, "you can't buy class - it comes from the crib". Sorry you went through this with a brasilian boy - pretty sad and untrue sample of our people

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yeah, he was from another class, alright - the NO Class class! As my dad says, "you can't buy class - it comes from the crib". Sorry you went through this with a brasilian boy - pretty sad and untrue sample of our people
Oh, we figured he was not the norm. We had been fortunate enough to meet other young people from Brasil through the rotary but did not host them. There were exceptionally great kids from all over the world and we enjoyed the activities we participated in during their stay in Canada.

We had a couple girls overnight one time - one from Venezuela and one from France. The young lady from Venezuela (Vanessa) kept in touch by e-mail for ages and absolutely loved my pancakes that I made for breakfast for them.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let me found out what part of Brazil my sisters boyfriends mom is from.
Her boyfriend was born here but is half Peruvian and Brazilian.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am not, but I want to go there!
What is it like there? Isnt Brazil where the rainforests are? Or am i mistaken lol Is it hot there? Sorry I feel like i am interrigating you lol

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JuneBugBear07

I am not, but I want to go there!
What is it like there? Isnt Brazil where the rainforests are? Or am i mistaken lol Is it hot there? Sorry I feel like i am interrigating you lol
yes there are rainforests- it's the amazon. I would also love to go there btw..I have some Brazilian friends..

tiffyrn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I grew up in Brasil from age 2-16. A couple of years in Belem, Para. The rest of the time in Campinas, Sao Paulo. Sorry, I don't have all the appropriate accent marks on my keyboard. My parents still live in Campinas, they are missionaries and I don't think they will ever retire. I left in 1987 and last visited in 2004.

My stepdaughter has visited my parents there and loves it. She has a steady boyfriend from Campinas. I think they are pretty serious and he sounds like a wonderful young man.

I love to visit the churrascaria in the area, they are very authentic, run by a gentleman from Rio Grande do Sul and most of the waiters are Brazilian. Once I speak a few words of Portuguese to them and ask for chicken hearts, they treat my husband and I extra special guests.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffyRN

I grew up in Brasil from age 2-16. A couple of years in Belem, Para. The rest of the time in Campinas, Sao Paulo. Sorry, I don't have all the appropriate accent marks on my keyboard. My parents still live in Campinas, they are missionaries and I don't think they will ever retire. I left in 1987 and last visited in 2004.

My stepdaughter has visited my parents there and loves it. She has a steady boyfriend from Campinas. I think they are pretty serious and he sounds like a wonderful young man.

I love to visit the churrascaria in the area, they are very authentic, run by a gentleman from Rio Grande do Sul and most of the waiters are Brazilian. Once I speak a few words of Portuguese to them and ask for chicken hearts, they treat my husband and I extra special guests.
Oi Tiffy!
Never been to Belem, but used to go a lot to Campinas... Great University in there - IMO, the best in Brasil (Unicamp). I am from Brasilia, and for me it is one of the best places to live in the world. I hope you can go back more often...
What churrascaria are you talking about? Where are you in Texas? If you are in the Dallas area, and would like to go eat some meat and speak some Portuguese some time.... I am here! Oh, and I never found anywhere I can eat chicken hearts - it's my absolute favorite - aside from picanha, of course! Yummmmm!

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Just curious..........
I would LOVE to go. I have seen the girls on the beaches...sorry...that was bad...It is a beautiful country.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Just curious..........
,...........now you feel what I feel my friend....

I´m Cast-away....