TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Anybody here from Brasil??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anybody here from Brasil??

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Other than me, that is???? If so, where do you live?
Just curious..........
So... Quem e brasileiro aqui (who is brasilian here?)??
post #2 of 15
Not from Brasil but hosted a young man from Brasil in a Rotary student exchange. He was a very gifted young man. At 16 he knew exactly what he wanted to do and be when he grew up and what he needed to do to achieve it. Both his parents were lawyers in Brasil.
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
Not from Brasil but hosted a young man from Brasil in a Rotary student exchange. He was a very gifted young man. At 16 he knew exactly what he wanted to do and be when he grew up and what he needed to do to achieve it. Both his parents were lawyers in Brasil.
Oh wow - that's nice! Do you still have contact with him?
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
Oh wow - that's nice! Do you still have contact with him?
No actually, we just weren't in his social class.
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Oh my - that's awful! I apologize if he was ever snobby with you guys - that's not nice at all!
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
Oh my - that's awful! I apologize if he was ever snobby with you guys - that's not nice at all!
He was pretty snobby (snotty). He was supposed to be part of the family to see how we lived in Canada but all he wanted to do was stay at the computer and play video games. He didn't even want to eat with us. When I confronted him and told him that was not acceptable to us he was very unhappy. I asked Rotary to find him another home as he did not fit in with our family which they did after about 6-8 weeks.

He was a bad experience for us but on the other hand our daughter went to Argentina and had a wonderful experience there. She went to the Rio Negro region.
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
He was pretty snobby (snotty). He was supposed to be part of the family to see how we lived in Canada but all he wanted to do was stay at the computer and play video games. He didn't even want to eat with us. When I confronted him and told him that was not acceptable to us he was very unhappy. I asked Rotary to find him another home as he did not fit in with our family which they did after about 6-8 weeks.

He was a bad experience for us but on the other hand our daughter went to Argentina and had a wonderful experience there. She went to the Rio Negro region.
Yeah, he was from another class, alright - the NO Class class! As my dad says, "you can't buy class - it comes from the crib". Sorry you went through this with a brasilian boy - pretty sad and untrue sample of our people
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
Yeah, he was from another class, alright - the NO Class class! As my dad says, "you can't buy class - it comes from the crib". Sorry you went through this with a brasilian boy - pretty sad and untrue sample of our people
Oh, we figured he was not the norm. We had been fortunate enough to meet other young people from Brasil through the rotary but did not host them. There were exceptionally great kids from all over the world and we enjoyed the activities we participated in during their stay in Canada.

We had a couple girls overnight one time - one from Venezuela and one from France. The young lady from Venezuela (Vanessa) kept in touch by e-mail for ages and absolutely loved my pancakes that I made for breakfast for them.
post #9 of 15
Let me found out what part of Brazil my sisters boyfriends mom is from.
Her boyfriend was born here but is half Peruvian and Brazilian.

post #10 of 15
I am not, but I want to go there! What is it like there? Isnt Brazil where the rainforests are? Or am i mistaken lol Is it hot there? Sorry I feel like i am interrigating you lol
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneBugBear07 View Post
I am not, but I want to go there! What is it like there? Isnt Brazil where the rainforests are? Or am i mistaken lol Is it hot there? Sorry I feel like i am interrigating you lol
yes there are rainforests- it's the amazon. I would also love to go there btw..I have some Brazilian friends..
post #12 of 15
I grew up in Brasil from age 2-16. A couple of years in Belem, Para. The rest of the time in Campinas, Sao Paulo. Sorry, I don't have all the appropriate accent marks on my keyboard. My parents still live in Campinas, they are missionaries and I don't think they will ever retire. I left in 1987 and last visited in 2004.

My stepdaughter has visited my parents there and loves it. She has a steady boyfriend from Campinas. I think they are pretty serious and he sounds like a wonderful young man.

I love to visit the churrascaria in the area, they are very authentic, run by a gentleman from Rio Grande do Sul and most of the waiters are Brazilian. Once I speak a few words of Portuguese to them and ask for chicken hearts, they treat my husband and I extra special guests.
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffyRN View Post
I grew up in Brasil from age 2-16. A couple of years in Belem, Para. The rest of the time in Campinas, Sao Paulo. Sorry, I don't have all the appropriate accent marks on my keyboard. My parents still live in Campinas, they are missionaries and I don't think they will ever retire. I left in 1987 and last visited in 2004.

My stepdaughter has visited my parents there and loves it. She has a steady boyfriend from Campinas. I think they are pretty serious and he sounds like a wonderful young man.

I love to visit the churrascaria in the area, they are very authentic, run by a gentleman from Rio Grande do Sul and most of the waiters are Brazilian. Once I speak a few words of Portuguese to them and ask for chicken hearts, they treat my husband and I extra special guests.
Oi Tiffy!
Never been to Belem, but used to go a lot to Campinas... Great University in there - IMO, the best in Brasil (Unicamp). I am from Brasilia, and for me it is one of the best places to live in the world. I hope you can go back more often...
What churrascaria are you talking about? Where are you in Texas? If you are in the Dallas area, and would like to go eat some meat and speak some Portuguese some time.... I am here! Oh, and I never found anywhere I can eat chicken hearts - it's my absolute favorite - aside from picanha, of course! Yummmmm!
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
Other than me, that is???? If so, where do you live?
Just curious..........
So... Quem e brasileiro aqui (who is brasilian here?)??
I would LOVE to go. I have seen the girls on the beaches...sorry...that was bad...It is a beautiful country.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
Other than me, that is???? If so, where do you live?
Just curious..........
So... Quem e brasileiro aqui (who is brasilian here?)??
,...........now you feel what I feel my friend....

I´m Cast-away.........





..........
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Anybody here from Brasil??