I decided on Wellness to feed Cammy.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been wanting to switch her to something healthier. I went to a bunch of website, read food bags at the stores. Finally decided on wellness. I ordered it online, so it should come hopefully today. I'm excited, the pads on her paws are very dry and I read that Omega 3 fatty acid helps that, and Wellness has that in it. I'm excited! (Is that a weird thing to be excited about? Jon thinks it's a little weird)

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wellness is a good food
Depending on what Cammy was eating before, you may notice a difference in fur as well as skin (including the paw pads).

I don't think its a weird thing to be excited about, and I hope the food agrees with Cammy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Wellness is a good food
Depending on what Cammy was eating before, you may notice a difference in fur as well as skin (including the paw pads).

I don't think its a weird thing to be excited about, and I hope the food agrees with Cammy.
I'm sure they'll be a difference in her fur, which is beautiful already. I was thinking since her paw pads are like that, I bet her skin is too hot right now either, and she itches a lot. So hopefully this will help that. I hope she likes it. She on purina complete formula now, because that's what she was eating outside, and that's all I can afford to feed ten cats twice a day. Wish they all could go on wellness, I feel a little guilty.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

I'm sure they'll be a difference in her fur, which is beautiful already. I was thinking since her paw pads are like that, I bet her skin is too hot right now either, and she itches a lot. So hopefully this will help that. I hope she likes it. She on purina complete formula now, because that's what she was eating outside, and that's all I can afford to feed ten cats twice a day. Wish they all could go on wellness, I feel a little guilty.
Don't feel guilty.... you are doing the best you can, and the cats appreciate it. I think we all wish we could feed the best possible choices but in realty, most people cannot afford the price of Wellness or Orijen.

Personally, I feed a good dry food, Taste of the Wild plus a cheaper dry food that I mix in..(say 75% TOTW + 25% other) it helps extend the TOTW.plus some canned (not a great brand, but not the cheapest)... Kizzy does well on the mixture and I can afford vet appts if need be. (instead of spending all my money on the "best" foods, and not being able to afford to go to the vet for annuals, or if there's an emergency. I'd rather save the money from the food for that)

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its really about balance IMO. You feed a decent wet/dry and still have money left over for the vet bills.

I buy the cats the best I can afford, keeping in mind that a vet may need to be seen. I am fortunate enough to have a great vet that also gives me a discount because they see so many fuzzies at my house LOL

I spent 4 grand last year on vet care for just my rats...LOL Kinda makes my cats look cheap to keep

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by anita1216

Its really about balance IMO. You feed a decent wet/dry and still have money left over for the vet bills.

I buy the cats the best I can afford, keeping in mind that a vet may need to be seen. I am fortunate enough to have a great vet that also gives me a discount because they see so many fuzzies at my house LOL

I spent 4 grand last year on vet care for just my rats...LOL Kinda makes my cats look cheap to keep
Well put ...

and wow rats can be $$$ pets