Question Of The Day, Wednesday, April Fool's Day!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's today's Question of the Day!

In keeping with this silly holiday, did anyone play an April Fools trick today?

I had eye surgery yesterday, and took lots of narcotics when I went to bed last night, so I'm just finally getting up. Can't think of anything good for a prank today. I could think of a doozy if I was at work though!!!

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry - I'm booorrriiing! Not a prankster. And frankly, I'm too busy today with tax paperwork to even think about pulling a joke one someone.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My ex bf, Gil who i still keep in touch with regularly text me this morning saying "I'm getting remarried and your invited!!".

Yeah right, he only rang me for a chat on monday, but it made my friend Pam's jaw drop when i told her this morning, so he got someone with it

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sent Jon a text and told him, "Oh my goodness! Gus is a girl! I came outside and behind Judy's apartment she was nursing three yellow kittens!!" lol, I don't care if it's juvenile, it's fun!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I totalled my car on this day in 2004, that was a great joke

I'm not a joke-playing type of person, mostly because I'm the one that always falls for these things

last year, one of my co-workers put a flyer in everyone's mail box that a local gas station was giving us free gas or something like that- a couple people went
I didn't fall for this one though

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't attempted to outdo my ultimate prank I pulled on my parents 52 years ago.

April 1, 1957 Mom was in the hospital with labor pains. The contractions got to 5 minutes apart and they had brought her some gelatin because she was a little hungry. She took a bite and then realized that the pain had ceased. More minutes passed and nothing.

Yep, I changed my mind.

They sent Mom home and a nurse warned her that the labor pains would start up where they left off. Mom kept that in mind a little after midnight on the 5th when her water broke.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing this year..... although a few yrs back I got the in-laws good. My hubby's aunt was always bugging us to have another baby.....April fools was on a weekend so I brought out an old U/S photo and we went out and told them I was expecting.

It was good
She didn't bother us about having a baby again LOL.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rob posted on a local car forum that we were finished with cars, and junking 4 of the 6 and our boat. Then said we were sick and tired of dealing with them. At the bottom, to sort of reveal it was a joke, he said that we were both in the market for new Porsches.

(One of the guys who owns the board had a Camaro, then a Ducati, and now has a chick-car Porsche).

That's it so far.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Here's today's Question of the Day!

In keeping with this silly holiday, did anyone play an April Fools trick today?

I had eye surgery yesterday, and took lots of narcotics when I went to bed last night, so I'm just finally getting up. Can't think of anything good for a prank today. I could think of a doozy if I was at work though!!!

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!!
I just had day surgery done this morning and I told the doctor no tricks please! I am still doozy myself, enough so to not being thinking of any tricks.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I personally hate "practical" jokes.
Even silly little harmless ones?

I used one last year that someone posted on this board. I took the ball out of my co-worker's mouse.
I had to hide behind my monitor so she couldn't see me laughing.

cat.ling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No time to do any this year, but I'll usually try to do something little like telling friends some whoppers. Last year it was a comment on their Facebook like "We bought a white G35!" (this friend works for Nissan and loves that car) and she actually fell for it. Just some little stuff like that. We actually save the big pranks (surprise cakes, silly string, water balloons, pies-in-face) for birthdays around here.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother once called my mom at 2 a.m. telling her he was in jail for DUI (which is very out of character for him.) Of course she fell for it, getting on her coat and finding her checkbook. Fortunately she was still there when he called back!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't mind April Fools. I don't often think of anything in time to do it, but will collaborate if someone needs help pulling something off -- there have been a few fun ones. But no, no inspiration this year.