Wow....training for new job.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, my brain is dead now. Today, and for the rest of the week I have training for my new "research" job. It's still the same company, but I'm learning all these things our computer programs do that I had NO IDEA! My mind is still reeling trying to remember everything!

Today was just an "overview" to show what we are going to be doing.....HELP!!!
It's the same program that I've used since I started working there 4 years ago (called PI, it's a photo imagining program) but that's where all research is done (well, that and email). Yeah, I'm intimidated. But I was intimidated by the whole program when I first started there and after a few months it became second nature so I KNOW that's what's going to happen now. I'm just blown away right now. I'm now allowed access to screens that I was told were "off limits" before. That sounds stupid, but "off limits" to me means "crash, evacuate, this system will self distruct in 5....4....3...2..."

One good thing...before we are turned lose on our own, we are going to get a full day a week with one on one time with the trainer to get us used to using the system and who to email. Oh, that's another thing....we have access to get advice now and have the "power" to try make things right via....email! Of course, I spent over 1 1/2 hours putting email addresses in my contact list....and I'm only 1/2 way done. And of course, this person has to be CC on "this" request or question, but not that one. Oh, and if you ask something about this, THIS person is the team lead for this group, but also needs to know what's going on with THIS request....oh, you'll get the hang of it eventually.......

Yeah, I'm kind of freaking out right now. If I didn't know that answer and couldn't find the answer I always told people to put it in for research. Now I AM part of research. Lord help me......

Sorry....just another nervous break down from me.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH, I remember your last post about being 'bumped' up on your job! Congrats again! Everyone is nervous when starting something new and yeah, I'd be freaked out too! But I'm sure after your first week it'll be a breeze!!!
to calm you down!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

OH, I remember your last post about being 'bumped' up on your job! Congrats again! Everyone is nervous when starting something new and yeah, I'd be freaked out too! But I'm sure after your first week it'll be a breeze!!!
to calm you down!!
Thanks for the vibes! I really need them. I just reread my post and and I see I'm going all over the place. I'm excited about the move "up", but now I'm actually going to have to deal with actual "GOD" (aka...the BOARD). To put it into perspective, the CEO of The Board meets with the "God" of the IRS BEFORE they even go to congress to make any changes. Do I think I can change any policies that would take a congressional act to change? No. Will I have contact soon with people that WOULD be able to change policies? Yes!

Wow. I'm just from a small town and NEVER had any connection with anyone in DC.

I just have to keep telling myself they put their pants on one leg at a time, and their poop probably stinks more than my cats'. At least I don't have to clean THEIR litter boxes! LOL!