How loud does your cat eat?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I noticed the thread on how loud your cat purrs, and wondered how loud your cat eats?

My Scarlett is a very petite little princess. At under 7 pounds, when she eats wet food, you can hear her chomp clear across the house. She chews so loud that I thought she had a problem with her mouth and had a full dental on her. No physical problems, she just really, really, really enjoys her food.

Any other noisy eaters out there?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats crunch on their kibble pretty loud. Loud enough for me to hear it. Tino and Snowb slurp and smack their wet food and I can definitely hear that.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have very quiet eaters. They crunch the crunchies, but other than that, the only sound is the occasional clink of an ID tag on the dish.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I noticed the thread on how loud your cat purrs, and wondered how loud your cat eats?

My Scarlett is a very petite little princess. At under 7 pounds, when she eats wet food, you can hear her chomp clear across the house. She chews so loud that I thought she had a problem with her mouth and had a full dental on her. No physical problems, she just really, really, really enjoys her food.

Any other noisy eaters out there?
Quite surprisingly (at least to me) Persi is a dainty and quiet eater while Alley is a very noisy eater. I can hear her eating from the next room!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hennessy's tags hit the dish, but that's about it.

Disaronno really gets into the 'nomming' though, crunch, crunch, crunch!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crunching of the food and the tag clinking the glass bowl, other than that nothing. I had a cat once that actually made the "nyum nyum, nyum nyum" sound audibly when eating. It was crazy.

lunalover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It depends on what Luna's eating...

If I've cooked her some fresh fish, sometimes she's so excited while she's eating it she makes all these weird meowing and squeaking noises while she's eating, in between growling at you if you come too close to her fish!

If it's her favourite flavour wet food you hear lots of licking and slurping which I think is because she's trying to chomp it down so fast.

If it's just a regular wet food flavour that she likes but doesn't LOVE, she doesn't make a sound, and sometimes I don't even realise she's eaten but I'll come back and the food will be all gone.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She Purrs as she eats. Loves that kibble. When I hear it al least I know she is not getting into trouble.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I have very quiet eaters. They crunch the crunchies, but other than that, the only sound is the occasional clink of an ID tag on the dish.
Same here.. Trout is a dainty girl

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are both pretty quiet eaters, but I love the sound of them drinking their water
Bayley is a messy water drinker, he always has a wet chin after drinking, sometimes I think he sticks his whole mouth in the bowl!