This will make someone think twice about driving drunk!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pennsylvania has this program called FullApologies.com. If you can, check out the videos on "It's Like This" - where victim's friends publicly denounce DUI "killers" . also, the apologies are gut wrenching.
http://fullapologies.com/
I showed it to someone who is doing a very boring DUI class- she's giving it a 2-thumbs up

My oldest brother was killed in 1993 by a lady who'd been out partying all night. His kids still miss him very much and his future grandchildren will miss out on one of the best grandpas possible. I know - I was his little sister & he was awesome!!
BTW, his wife was a "dog person" and when he finally adopted an orange tiger-striped cat, she made it stay in the garage (it was also his workshop, insulated, and more like a family room) and then she let the cat out & it got hit by a car & killed. So I take comfort in the fact that surely my brother and his kitty are reunited over RB - it was one of the very few times I ever heard my brother sobbing

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I watched every apology and didn't feel anything. I'm sorry, but they got slapped on the wrist. 1 girl got probation for killing someone?? How does that work? The US is WAY too lenient on drunk drivers. I hear stories all the time about how this person or that person was still driving after 3-4 DUIs!!

Why does it take someone getting killed for people to notice? And even then, they might get a measly manslaughter charge.

Here in Czech Republic, we have ZERO tolerance. If you blow anything, you go directly to jail. You do not pass "GO", you do not collect $200! The funny thing about that is that people drink beer like it's water here.

to those victims families...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

I watched every apology and didn't feel anything. I'm sorry, but they got slapped on the wrist. 1 girl got probation for killing someone?? How does that work? The US is WAY too lenient on drunk drivers. I hear stories all the time about how this person or that person was still driving after 3-4 DUIs!!

Why does it take someone getting killed for people to notice? And even then, they might get a measly manslaughter charge.

Here in Czech Republic, we have ZERO tolerance. If you blow anything, you go directly to jail. You do not pass "GO", you do not collect $200! The funny thing about that is that people drink beer like it's water here.

to those victims families...
I agree wholeheartedly. You have to be old enough to be responsible to get a driver's license and if you prove you are irresponsible by driving drunk, then that license should be taken away, your sorry a$$ put in jail and no chance of ever getting another license. Driving drunk is not something that happens by "accident". You know darn well you've been drinking and should not drive so there is no excuse IMO for anyone to ever drive during or after drinking.