Arghhhh! Short legs!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought some new uniforms last week and have been putting off hemming the pants. I have a short inseam and you can't buy uniform pants in petite length. So that means when I buy uniforms, I have to cut nearly 6 inches off the bottom, which also means that I lose the tapered look to the legs and have to not only hem the pants, but also retaper the legs
If it weren't for a sewing machine I would have to pay someone to do this, or spend hours doing it by hand.

I used to sew all of my own uniforms, but the last time I priced the material, it worked out much cheaper to actually buy the uniform rather than to make it. I can't believe how much fabric has gone up in price!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a long torso problem..it sucks! I can't wear regular collared blouses because they look like belly tops

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried checking online for uniforms? I've seen some petite pants on a website or two. But I feel your pain, I've been buying new tops and some of them are really long so I have to open up the side vent so the waist isnt too tight :/

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I have a long torso problem..it sucks! I can't wear regular collared blouses because they look like belly tops
DITTO! But paired with short legs too, so I feel both of your pain ladies!
There should be a club for people like us.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the girls at class today was saying she bought petite length scrubs, and they were just a bit too short for her. If you want I can find out where she got them?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha Linda I understand your struggle! I'm 4'11.5" nothing ever fits me right!!! I always have to have my pants hemmed lol!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

One of the girls at class today was saying she bought petite length scrubs, and they were just a bit too short for her. If you want I can find out where she got them?
Thanks but I can't buy them online. The exchange rate is too high and would add to much to the cost of the uniform. Also, I found that not all scrubs fit the same. I tried the right size in a woman's pant, but they didn't even cover my butt. I ended up having to buy the same size in a man's scrub because the crotch was deeper. So I really need to try things on before I buy.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have some builder's bum with my scrub pants too! They are cut sooooo low, particularly at the back. I generally wear a long shirt underneath my top so I can tuck it into my pants.

Do you have to wear any particular sort of scrub top? Can you wear anything?

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Short people of TCS unite!

I'm also short (5ft) and every pair of pants I buy has to be shortened and tapered! I'm also short waisted which makes most all pants fit way to high. I hate to shop for clothes for this reason! And you're right, fabic is getting expensive and as for me, I don't sew that well to make my own

Ok, I just wanted to jump in ... now I feel better

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Short here too so I understand!
Clothes don't fit right, they are always so long. In my teens I could wear childrens jeans, which was always helpful!
I still had to check them though.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I have some builder's bum with my scrub pants too! They are cut sooooo low, particularly at the back. I generally wear a long shirt underneath my top so I can tuck it into my pants.
Yeah! What's up with them being cut lower in the back than in the front?!!
It just doesnt make any sense to me at all. And no belt loops

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't wear scrubs but I can relate to the whole short issue! I have YET to find a pair of pants that fits me without having to do alot of hemming.