Meet my new bengal!!!!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went up to see my aunt and picked out a girl bengal from her current two litters. I ended up picking out the one I was so set on in the first place. She fits the bengal standard the closest, except for her vertical barring, and is the first she has ever had look like this! I also picked her because she looks different from everyone else. She also has rosetting on her tail which is very common. She is very top pet quality, but I may still put her in a show just to get experience and see how she does. What do you guys think?

Here is a group picture of the litter when they were born. She is in the very middle with the huge spots. I love how clear her background is.

Here are a few shots of her at 4 weeks old. You can see her bar on both sides, but her coloring is gorgeous and I can't wait to see what she looks like when she gets older.

Here are a few pictures I took while I was up there. She was around 6 to 7 weeks old. I am still trying to think of a name for her.

I pick her up along with my aunt on the 24th of April. She is going to go on the plane with my aunt so at least I don't have to worry about her making it safely down here. The weather will start to get warm down here around that time so it is better this way.

My vet and a lot of the staff can't wait to meet her! They are all so excited! They only have one other bengal that they see. So it is not something so common down by me.

Enjoy the pictures!

esmedarling

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh...my ....word! That is the cutest little thing I have ever seen! Congrats!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is very pretty. Nial is the Bengal expert around here with evaluating show/pet. I'm sure he will give you comments.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a nice little girl.
Her rosettes are great and those aren't typical rib bars. She has a vertical stripe on the right side, but the one on her left side is broken. To be honest most of the judges don't care about rib bars or not, so long as there is only one. Personally, I don't like barring of any kind, but it happens! I'm trying hard to eliminate it from our cats altogether.

Your girl is very young and what will matter more than her nice paint job is her structure. In order to show this girl and win, she'll have to have a great head. That means, a good straight profile and squared off muzzle with proper ear placement. The ears will also need to be rounded and of medium to small size. Good boning, musculature and a thick short tail carried low are also important. The bengal girls are always at disadvantage at the shows, due to smaller size so weight gain on your girl is essential. Big boned muscular girls can compete with the boys, but they have to be more perfect.

Of course all of this is mute if she is only to be a quality pet! She appears as if she may be what we refer to as a "golden" bengal. Very light golden background color with dramatic richly colored contrasting rosettes.

Anyway, I like the girl you picked out. Congratulations! You will enjoy her very much.

Your first toy purchase should be a Da-Bird! Your bengal will love you for it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

That a nice little girl.
Her rosettes are great and those aren't typical rib bars. She has a vertical stripe on the right side, but the one on her left side is broken. To be honest most of the judges don't care about rib bars or not, so long as there is only one. Personally, I don't like barring of any kind, but it happens! I'm trying hard to eliminate it from our cats altogether.

Your girl is very young and what will matter more than her nice paint job is her structure. In order to show this girl and win, she'll have to have a great head. That means, a good straight profile and squared off muzzle with proper ear placement. The ears will also need to be rounded and of medium to small size. Good boning, musculature and a thick short tail carried low are also important. The bengal girls are always at disadvantage at the shows, due to smaller size so weight gain on your girl is essential. Big boned muscular girls can compete with the boys, but they have to be more perfect.

Of course all of this is mute if she is only to be a quality pet! She appears as if she may be what we refer to as a "golden" bengal. Very light golden background color with dramatic richly colored contrasting rosettes.

Anyway, I like the girl you picked out. Congratulations! You will enjoy her very much.

Your first toy purchase should be a Da-Bird! Your bengal will love you for it.
Thanks Nial!
She has a straight profile and is very muscular. My aunt loves her and would have kept her for her breeding program had I not picked her. I do want to show her so I think I will. My next question is...is it better to show her intact or as an altered?

I do have three wand toys already!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

Thanks Nial!
She has a straight profile and is very muscular. My aunt loves her and would have kept her for her breeding program had I not picked her. I do want to show her so I think I will. My next question is...is it better to show her intact or as an altered?

I do have three wand toys already!
You can certainly show her intact as a kitten, as all kittens under 8 months are shown in the same class, altered or not.

Once that 8 month mark passes, you have to pick a class, alter or championship (whole).

If you or your aunt are not planning to breed this girl, then spay her and show in alter. You will not want to have a girl going in and out of heat if you don't have plans to breed her. Trust me, bengal girls in heat are not enjoyable pets!

(unless you like being reminded that they are in heat and you haven't provided a male, by the pee at every doorway, etc.)

Alter class is very competitive as well, so you need a top notch cat and I think you do have a great candidate for that in this girl.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You can certainly show her intact as a kitten, as all kittens under 8 months are shown in the same class, altered or not.

Once that 8 month mark passes, you have to pick a class, alter or championship (whole).

If you or your aunt are not planning to breed this girl, then spay her and show in alter. You will not want to have a girl going in and out of heat if you don't have plans to breed her. Trust me, bengal girls in heat are not enjoyable pets!

(unless you like being reminded that they are in heat and you haven't provided a male, by the pee at every doorway, etc.)

Alter class is very competitive as well, so you need a top notch cat and I think you do have a great candidate for that in this girl.
Thanks! I do not intend to breed her at all. I will have to see how far the next show in Texas is, etc to see if I want to show her as a kitten already or wait.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep in mind that any breeding cat (male or female) will have a harder time in keeping the weight/muscle on them once they go into heat cycles or want to breed (for males).

That's why the alters are usually in better shape year round - no breeding on their minds

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

Thanks! I do not intend to breed her at all. I will have to see how far the next show in Texas is, etc to see if I want to show her as a kitten already or wait.
Ok, you do just about have to show her as a kitten at least once or twice. She will most likely freak-out if you put her in the showhall as an adult, having never experienced that before.

Kitten class is all about getting those early experiences in so they feel comfortable showing for titles as adults.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok, you do just about have to show her as a kitten at least once or twice. She will most likely freak-out if you put her in the showhall as an adult, having never experienced that before.

Kitten class is all about getting those early experiences in so they feel comfortable showing for titles as adults.
Good point! I'll have to see what is closest to me.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, congratulations, she's beautiful and already looks like a little stinker.
I know how much you've been wanting a bengal, and the joy of just having her will be worth the long wait you've had.

Again, congrats!!!