Handheld Vacuum advice ....

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love my Dyson and use it a lot, but sometimes I dont feel like dragging it all over for something minor, so I am looking to get a handheld.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a handheld, it could be cordless or not, but something that is well made with a strong suction?

Has anyone tried the Dyson handheld? Did you like it?

Thanks guys if you have any info.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I'll be interested to hear this seeing as my stairs are the only part of the house that's carpeted
I have inlaid carpet on my stairs, too and the rest of the house is hardwood, but I do use my Dyson on my hardwood floors, lamps, cat trees, everything really.
But sometimes I dont want to do it all, just do some light stuff and save some for later.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've read mixed reviews about the Dyson handheld. It was a little out of my price range anyway.

I ordered this Eureka handheld last fall and have been very impressed with it. Works great on the furniture and cat tree. No carpet on my steps, so I can't speak for how well it would do there, but it's a powerful little machine, great suction and reasonable price.

http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-71B-Han...owViewpoints=1

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Susan, do you really know what I mean? We know on Thursdays that you get it all done. I cannot imagine you saving anything to clean for later

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I looked at that on Amazon, Eileen, but some of the negative comments made me keep looking. It might be something I come back to though.

I thought I heard someone mention using the Shark Handheld but I cant find where I read it now ........

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I inherited a hand held vacuum about a year ago. Her name is Izzy. You can have her if you want!
She cleans up anything, pencils, paper, lint, cat food, you name it - she sucks it right up!

I've heard good things about the Shark....I've looked at the steam mop they have, but can't tell you much about the handheld.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Considering how many reviews that Eureka has, that's actually pretty good. There will always be problems with vacuum cleaners, especially anything bagless (as they take extra care). And there'll always be people who complain.

I don't know about the Shark handhelds, but their regular vacs have very very bad reviews - such that there's none if any good reviews. The general theme on those is cheap motor, poor suction, wear out early.

If Eileen's Eureka is still going strong from last fall with no loss of suction, it may be worth checking into.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I've heard good things about the Shark....I've looked at the steam mop they have, but can't tell you much about the handheld.
I have the Shark Steam Mop and I LOVE it. Its one of the best purchases I have bought. I just spray vinegar on the floor and steam away. I was telling Susan and Gaye about them, too, I love it!!

LOLOL @ Izzy. Snowb tries to do it here, but I mean and wont let him LOL

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

If Eileen's Eureka is still going strong from last fall with no loss of suction, it may be worth checking into.
Im definitely leaning towards that. I wish I could find one that had as many fans as the Dyson with little to no problems.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Susan, do you really know what I mean? We know on Thursdays that you get it all done. I cannot imagine you saving anything to clean for later

Pam I have the handheld Dyson, not what I expected, I do not recommend it, I think a dustbuster is better

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Pam I have the handheld Dyson, not what I expected, I do not recommend it, I think a dustbuster is better
I was shocked to read any negative feedback on the Dyson handheld. Someone said the battery life was only 6 minutes. I would have thought they would have made it better.

Do you have a dustbuster?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

I thought I heard someone mention using the Shark Handheld but I cant find where I read it now ........
That would be Lei and I.

I have this model and like it:

http://www.amazon.com/Shark-Retracta.../dp/B000F3Q9E8

I don't use it as often as I used to because my large vac has a similar turbo brush.

My mother got one of these for Christmas and loves it.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was shocked to read any negative feedback on the Dyson handheld. Someone said the battery life was only 6 minutes. I would have thought they would have made it better.

Do you have a dustbuster?
Yes I have a dustbuster
I think the battery lasts longer than that on the Dyson

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

That would be Lei and I.

I have this model and like it:

http://www.amazon.com/Shark-Retracta.../dp/B000F3Q9E8

I don't use it as often as I used to because my large vac has a similar turbo brush.

My mother got one of these for Christmas and loves it.
I knew I had heard someone talk about that. Does it have a strong suction? I want to be able to use it around the litter boxes and of course for HAIR.

Originally Posted by Bella713

Yes I have a dustbuster
I think the battery lasts longer than that on the Dyson
Thats just what someone put in the comment section, maybe she only charged 6 minutes worth of charge on the battery

Originally Posted by capt_jordi

we have one of these for small stuff and just to quickly vacuum
http://www.amazon.com/Dirt-Devil-083.../dp/B00063L3PC
It changes into just a handheld and its bagless. Its very easy to use and great to just do a quick clean up!
oh and I think it was $25 at walmart. And ours is blue, not that it matters though!
I will definitely check that one out, too. Thank you.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Shark SV736 and it has the motorized turbo head that is good at picking up hair. I have had it for almost a year and when I got it it had something on the box about being for pets. That was why I bought it. It was cheap enough to be an impulse buy and it works really well. I had a Shark handheld years ago and didn't like it, I threw it out when I moved. This one works really well.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep going back and forth between the Eureka and the Shark. I think Im leaning towards a corded one. Im not sure yet. I think Im going to do a little more research.