Baby gates

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I apologize in advance, I don't know which forum to ask this.

With the recent imitation of "The Great Escape" by two of my cats, I'm scared to death about leaving any windows open. I was trying to think of a way to keep this from happening again so I can open the windows when it gets warmer. I was thinking about using baby cats in front of the windows. That way I can open the window and they won't be able to jump out through the a screen again.

Would this be a good idea? Any other suggestions about what I could use?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always warn people of the traditional screen because my cats almost went on a adventure through the screen. I went to Lowe's and bought these pet screens to put on some of the windows in the back of my home. They are made of metal and are screwed in from the outside. I dont worry at all openng the windows now.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I always warn people of the traditional screen because my cats almost went on a adventure through the screen. I went to Lowe's and bought these pet screens to put on some of the windows in the back of my home. They are made of metal and are screwed in from the outside. I dont worry at all openng the windows now.
I agree that is likely the best solution. My cats can work baby gates out of the doorways when I use them - they like to let Izzy (the dog) loose from my bedroom at night to chase her around.

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think pet screens are the best solution..

I would like to eventually replace all of our screens with pet screens.. our cats never bothered with the screens, but we have one window torn that a wild animal or stray cat tore.. whatever it was, it was trying to get inside to get to the cat food.

nekkiddoglady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
heh, I'd probably have cats fighting over that!

I've thought about building a fully enclosed pen on one side of my house, and put a cat door so they can safely come and go.. but I'd have to find a way of limiting Bastet's outdoor time so she doesnt get sun burn.

And then, I'd have to treat them for fleas..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmamiof4

Or you could get something like this http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/gmadd..._Outdoors_Safe
I just ordered 2 of them for my furbabies.
I like that, but my windows don't open up like that.

I'll check out the pet screens, there is a Lowe's on my way to work. Can the pet screens be used on the inside of the window?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes Im sure they can, they just have to have something sturdy to screw into.

Thats actually a really good idea.