Question of the day March 29th

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a interesting question for today.

What is the one thing that you have that is most valuable to you?

I have a small portrait that was painted of my Great-great grandmother when she was about 20. It was painted in 1888 the year she and my great-great grandfather (mother's side) immigrated from Scotland to Canada.

I think the reason I place so much value in it is because the family resemblance between her and I is eerie and it gives me a small glimpse of what my family history is.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(We're talking about material things, I guess?) My engagement ring. I waited so long for it. I love it.

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i would have to say my black faced movado watch my BF bought me a few Vdays ago. I wouldnt ask for it cause i thought it was way too much money but he knew how much i liked it and got it for me anyway

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of material things? Absolutely nothing. I don't have anything that has been handed down to me from any family members and I sure wouldn't risk my or someone else's life to defend or retrieve any of my junk from a situation it would be lost/destroyed in. Things can be replaced, but people and pets can't.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cedar chest that belonged to my grandmother that is sitting in my bedroom..

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hand made pink toy rabbit that my great great nan made for me a few days after I was born, and it was taller than me! Mainly because I was three months premature at birth...I still have the rabbit with me which sits on my bed during the day
I will take it to my grave!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Of material things? Absolutely nothing. I don't have anything that has been handed down to me from any family members and I sure wouldn't risk my or someone else's life to defend or retrieve any of my junk from a situation it would be lost/destroyed in. Things can be replaced, but people and pets can't.
I have to agree with this. My house caught fire one time and I had to get things out quickly. The dogs and cats came first. At the time I couldn't think of a single thing that I owned that I couldn't live without. DH got the fire out quickly, but it made me think afterwards what was important to me. I'd like to save my mother's gold bracelet. I'd like to save the family pictures. So I guess those would be the most important material things in my life.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ If I had family photos, it may be different. If truly worried about those store them elsewhere or get a fireproof safe.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My engagement ring. It was my grandfather's diamond from Belgium, that my grandmother had set into a ring. And my fiance used it to propose to me. It has an extremely sentimental reason for me, which is why I'm so careful about it and not damaging it or whatnot.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a necklace and a teddy bear I inherited from my grandmother when she died and all the stuffed animals she got me for getting A's on my report card. Oh and bandanas I put on Rocky and Jenny my sweet dogs that passed away within 2 months of each other recently.
and their collars and pictures. I miss them so darn much.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My spoon rest in my kitchen- it's soo cute! My nephew Cooper and I painted it together several years ago at Paint a Piece and it means a lot to me because we made it together.

Also, my other favorite thing is my Russian grandad's pocket watch. He died when I was younger and it's all I have left of him- lots of good memories.
It always makes me think of my grandad and miss him.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure I've got a lot of antique crystal that my Great granny left for me but even a photo of my Granddad happy and smiling is precious to me