I Guess Spring has Finely Sprung.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Well it looks like Spring has finally sprung in cottage country.

Pouring rain today and I have about 6 robins sitting out in my yard looking somewhat cold, but robins all the same

That plus I heard a red-winged blackbird down by the river this morning.

Also the lambs are arriving and the maple sap is running at my brother's farm so I guess it's safe to say we've seen the backside of winter.

So how about your area, has spring arrived or is winter still hanging in there?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Despite the terrible cold front that came in Friday, spring is definitely here. I saw the first scissortail of the season, and that is the surest sign I know of.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was here! I was wearing flip flops last week and then we got this stupid blizzard!
I think it will be the last of winter though, THANK GOODNESS!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I woke up to snow and slush
Same here. The temp was in the 70s, little green shoots were coming up all over my garden. When I went to bed last night we were getting sleet and snow. Right now the temp is in the 40s and the sun is shining; I don't think there's any snow left.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got plenty of daffodils along the roadsides and in the fields here now, they look so gorgeous, and a sure sign of spring for me

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's late arriving, but yes, the signs are there. Finally, the cherry trees are showing a dusting of pink. There've been crocuses and daffs for a couple of weeks, and the forsythia took a deep breath after the last cold snap, decided not to die and is in bloom. But the real sign is the cherry trees -- give 'em a few days and they'll be full out.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spring is definitely staring to pop. I was in the mid-portion of Michigan over the weekend and the B&B we stayed at ... the crocuses were coming up! And I am seeing robins everywhere.

And of course, this being Michigan, we just got a dusting of snow!

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
spring is here too. everything is flowering and the birds are building nest. We even have humming birds fighting over our feeder. We also have to put up with pollen and smoke from prescribed burns. We even have crepe myrtles putting out leaves right now. So yes spring is finally showing out.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kittywarden

spring is here too. everything is flowering and the birds are building nest. We even have humming birds fighting over our feeder. We also have to put up with pollen and smoke from prescribed burns. We even have crepe myrtles putting out leaves right now. So yes spring is finally showing out.
Oh wow, you have hummingbirds already! How beautiful! Spring is definitely here to, rain season has finally begun. We have a showy thunder storm tonight, lots of lightening. Thank god for all the rain, there were brush fires in NJ last week from extreme dry humidity, it was 10-15%! Daffodils have a great head start around here, Magnolia trees and Forsythia are starting to bloom, I love it!
Spring is here! Maia is feeling it to, running around with an extra kick in her step
!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In SE Minnesota all the snow melted a while ago and we have quite a few robins in the area. Also we've been getting rain lately, so we have some definite signs of spring here...

However north of the Twin Cities it's a completely different story. You probably know from watching the news stories about the Red River floods that there's still a lot of snow and ice up there, and thanks to the blizzard that's heading for the Fargo/Moorhead area, they might have up to 15 inches of new snow by Wednesday morning. (Down here it sounds like we'll just get rain).

So maybe spring is here too and maybe it isn't. It's hard to say.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's almost spring in Nebraska. The wild turkey are everywhere and the Tom's have their beautiful tail feathers spread!! It's mating season for the turkeys!!!