Benny

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This guy is coming to live with me next week!
He's a 7 year old neutered male.His mommy is moving and not allowed to take him and her other cat.The other cat is 10 months and she found a home for him right away,but nobody seemed to want Benny.

I went and met him yesterday and what a great cat! He is the total opposite of my Bam.He's so laid back and loving.Loves scratches and being petted and stayed beside me the whole time I was there visiting!
He is real friendly.

I always wanted an orange cat and I was supposed to get an orange kitten but that didn't work out (the woman wanted him gone at 6 weeks and I refused to take him so young).But the kitten wasn't meant to be.I prefer to adopt an older cat anyway and after meeting Benny yesterday,know it will work out.

I am not too worried about Bam.He apparently lived with another cat before I got him and Benny is used to other cats.They will need some time to get used to eachother,but I doubt I will have any serious problems.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's a great looking cat, and it looks like he has a purrsonality, too.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Benny is very handsome in his orange and white coat. I'm glad you could give him a home. Everybody wants kittens and they overlook the wonderful older cats that need homes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks.I am excited to get him!
I think he will be coming to live with me on Wednesday or Thursday.
I will let you know and there will be more pics,once he settles in abit.
He is a big sook! Maybe he will calm Bam down...who knows.They may hate eachother...but I hope they like eachother...at least in the long run.Or tolerate eachother anyway!

I know...everyone wants a kitten!
Personally I prefer to adopt an older cat.I adopted Bam in November and he is about 2-3 yrs old.When I saw Benny,I knew I had to give him a home.My dream cat has always been an orange one (mom never let us have orange cats growing up! I was deprived!
).

miamaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Benny's regal looking.. like a lion! And he sounds like a sweetie too! Lucky you

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just curious. Did you mom have somethng against orange cats, or was it that one just never showed up at the right time?

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Benny is so lucky to have you stepping in to give him a great, loving home!
He is truly handsome.. reminds me of a 'creamsicle'.

You'll have to keep us all updated with cute pics of him in his new furrever home!

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bad news....
I got an email today,the woman cannot part with him.
That is understandable since she had him 7 yrs,but I had my hopes up.He was supposed to come live with me tommorrow! I am very dissappointed.

Originally Posted by mrblanche

Just curious. Did you mom have somethng against orange cats, or was it that one just never showed up at the right time?
Mom doen't and never has liked orange cats.I am not sure why really.
She likes all cats except orange ones! So growing up,we had all colors of the rainbow kitties...BUT orange!

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't going to be able to take Benny.

He's such a handsome boy and looks so sweet, too. I love orange kitties and I hope you are able to have one adopt you someday.

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittybernard

Where is he supposed to be going then? Will she be sneaking him in?
Honestly I am not sure! She kept saying she would have to take him to the shelter because nobody wanted him.Then I came along and she was so relieved.We met and everything seemed to go well.

But then she changed her mind at the last minute.I have no idea why or what is going to happen to him now! He would of gotten a wonderful,loving home with me.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 709Juggalette

Honestly I am not sure! She kept saying she would have to take him to the shelter because nobody wanted him.Then I came along and she was so relieved.We met and everything seemed to go well.

But then she changed her mind at the last minute.I have no idea why or what is going to happen to him now! He would of gotten a wonderful,loving home with me.
Sigh~ I can understand why the woman wouldn't want to part with Benny. Afterall, they'd shared 7 years, and he's such a love of a kitty. However, I'm just afraid she's putting him in danger trying to move him into a place where cats are not allowed (I'm assuming that's why she could not take her cats). Well, hopefully she pulls it off, and that she will give you a call right away if she finds her arrangement is not working instead of sending him to the shelter.

I'm sorry you weren't able to get Benny

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really don't know what happened!

Kind of a confusing story now...so the lady didn't want me to take Benny after,as she couldn't part with him.Well she rehomed her other cat,Mickey,a 10 month old and the new owners of the 10 month old cat sent me an email asking if I would take him,because it wasn't working out with him.

But I turned him down,even though I met him too when I met Benny and he seems like a great little cat.I decided I am not going to go with him,because I am a little suspicious.I am thinking this lady may of judged me on my looks (I have blue hair and lots of piercings),as there were no problems before and I was supposed to adopt him and then a few days after I went and met them she suddenly emails me saying she couldn't rehome him.Yet she is moving to a place that don't allow cats.I dunno...could be wrong,but she is still looking for a home for Benny!

So whatever...
It has made me a little angry,but I am moving on.Not going to swell on it.
IF a cat comes to me,then I will adopt.But I am not "seeking out" a cat anymore.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it matters how you get him. Have someone else pose as an adopter for Bennie if you think your looks disuaded her. Some people are morons
but it shouldn't stop you from getting Bennie. He is too cute.