My Cat's in Love with My Friend

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine has been staying at my place on weeknights while she and her husband sort out what they want to do about their marriage. (I'm only two blocks from where she works.) My grumpy curmudgeonly cat has fallen madly in love with her. When she comes in at night, he rubs back and forth against her legs. Then, when she sits, he sits at her feet and gazes at her with cat-love eyes. It's really cute and funny.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
He knows that she needs some special care and loving through this difficult time. Cats are so intuitive, aren't they?

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is she by any chance in heat? That might explain it.

I kid I kid. I hope her marriage issues work out though. That's nice that she has a friend who will let her crash at home while things get worked out.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

Is she by any chance in heat? That might explain it.

I kid I kid. I hope her marriage issues work out though. That's nice that she has a friend who will let her crash at home while things get worked out.
LMAO

my boyfriends cat does that to me when she's in heat. Otherwise, she hates me ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

He knows that she needs some special care and loving through this difficult time. Cats are so intuitive, aren't they?
I hadn't thought of that.

He got furious at me earlier tonight for clipping his claws, which he's only had done every two weeks for nine years. (And he gets mad every time.) He's generally kind of a begrudgingly sweet grump so it's so funny to see him turn into Romeo.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a dear friend whose son passed away, whenever she would come over, for many months afterwards, all my cats would go to her and love on her the whole time she was here.

I believe cats are deeply intuitive.

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I have a dear friend whose son passed away, whenever she would come over, for many months afterwards, all my cats would go to her and love on her the whole time she was here.

I believe cats are deeply intuitive.
Wow, that's amazing.

So sad for your friend, though. How is she doing?

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does she like cats? Maybe your wise kitty will make her think about adopting one of her own someday.

Originally Posted by ut0pia

LMAO

my boyfriends cat does that to me when she's in heat. Otherwise, she hates me ...
Shadow was always at her kindest while in heat. But then she was spayed & went insta-bi***.

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittybernard

Does she like cats? Maybe your wise kitty will make her think about adopting one of her own someday.
She and her husband have a bunch of them, all rescues I think.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brokenheart

Wow, that's amazing.

So sad for your friend, though. How is she doing?
It amazed me, too.
Her life is changed forever, but she is trying to be strong because she feels like he wouldnt have peace if she let herself fall apart. It has just been a year and a half. Thank you for asking

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Shadow was always at her kindest while in heat. But then she was spayed & went insta-bi***.
Oh no.... is that what I should expect from Ally when she gets spayed in 2 weeks?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

Oh no.... is that what I should expect from Ally when she gets spayed in 2 weeks?
Mmmmmm..... I've been around a lot of rescue cats before and after. I don't think that's the norm and I wouldn't worry about your little girl. I think she is very bonded to you.