You would think it was summer around here.

meowmmy_aprile

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is 9pm and 45 degrees outside. My hubby and I have all the windows open in the house. After such a cold winter the mid 50s we had today and the mid 40s tonight we are comfortable with the windows open and no heat on. You would think it was summer outside we are even sitting here in our shorts and T shirts lol.

Normally I am freezing when the temp falls below 70 but it feels so refreshing today to have the windows open I am not even cold.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ooooh, that sounds fantastic! Most everyone here in AZ would call you CRAZY though!
I miss those refreshing temperatures so much. I grew up with them on the coast of Oregon. Now living in the desert for over five years, I still break out the hammock in the season they call "winter" and start wearing shorts when everyone else is freezing.

There's nothing like letting in the fresh air during a nice evening.. enjoy it for me!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowmmy_aprile

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LoL my father lives in AZ, he is always calling me to tell me how "cold" it is there. He came to visit last month and was so excited to see snow but he didn't want to go outside because it was too cold.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep, he sounds like an acclimated Arizonan!
Have you ever visited before?

Random thought: it's really strange the way sound & smell travels here: sound just doesn't seem to carry as well (feels a little like cupping your hands over your ears) and I NEVER smell grass or nature.. just dirt and manure.

meowmmy_aprile

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have been there a few times. My father lives near Phoenix. I find it very dusty and dry there compared to where I live. I was suprised that it did get cool in the evenings when I was there ( mid 30s)

I love going up to Flagstaff and Sedona I think it is pretty there. I even once went to Meteor Crater lol.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man I know how you feel. It was in the 50s last night and 72 today! And right now I am sitting here with my sweetie asleep on my lap and listening to the rain out side.
Now the downside: Currently we are under a severe thunderstorm warning and there are tornado watches headed this way... yay summer...

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowmmy_Aprile

Yes, I have been there a few times. My father lives near Phoenix. I find it very dusty and dry there compared to where I live. I was suprised that it did get cool in the evenings when I was there ( mid 30s)

I love going up to Flagstaff and Sedona I think it is pretty there. I even once went to Meteor Crater lol.
You lucky girl! I've wanted to visit the crater for so long.. sounds AMAZING. Flagstaff is supposed to be freeeeezing in the winter and lots of snow!
The one time I left the valley since moving here was when I flew to a MUCH greener state.. talk about sensory overload! My eyes weren't used to such bright colors anymore!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I bet you have the windows closed up today.
I actually have one open a little bit for Abby.

meowmmy_aprile

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep windows are shut tight this morning it is a bit wet outside now. Though I have to say it is a little warmer out than I thought it was going to be.