I'm keeping him(hopefully) !!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I think I have Neil convinced to keep "Buddy"!!

Can't seem to find the owner.

He got out of the garage last nite when Neil came home but he was down by the veg garden and came when I called.

The other three wanted some fresh air today so I put "Buddy" in the basement while they were outside-he was sitting in the window looking out rather than looking in. I also had him in the family room where he was checking everything out esp the cat beds!

Later afternoon he ran out and into Bobber who promptly growled and ran after him (she is about 2/3 his size!). She is very territorial but he made his way to out spruce trees smelling new marks and I was able to keep her away so I could get him back in the garage. Good thing was he didn't seem excited about her as she will be a hard one to introduce a new cat into the house. I've had Bakker 4 1/2 yrs and she only tolerates him!

So I'll stop at the vet before work on monday to get him in for a FeLV test and physical/shots if blood test is ok. I think he has to be dewormed as well as neutered as soon as possible.

I have been calling him buddy-which he doesn't respond too but would like to call him Miskin (means needy). But we shall see.

I'm only taking baby steps at this time so I can't allow myself to get to excited yet. (but I am!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bakker really needs a pal in the house! He (bakker) is OCD on grooming so this would be a good treatment for him!!

I should know more next week!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE:

Have vet appt This Friday at 8 am. Must remember stool sample! Hoping the blood test is negative. He is not happy in the garage as I can peek at him though one of the garage windows and he sits on the step right by the kitchen door (and meows loudly).

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww do you think when the test come back and hes neutered you are going to start intros?

Sending lots of vibes for Friday

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Intro's will start Friday. I'll have to see when I can get the neutering done though hopefully next week.

But there is a twist now......

Another cat appeared. We have one window in the family room at ground level and Bakker was staring out (it was dark) so I walked over and this cat was staring in but making it looked like chewing motions? I asked Neil if Buddy was in the garage and he said yes (I checked to make sure) as this could have been his twin at first glance!

so I went outside around the house and while the cat didn't run away he didn't come closer either-he was rubbing on a large shrub (probably spraying). Similar colors-that tabby striped, 4 white feet and white throat hoever he was more brownish and short haired! Gone now (its nasty windy/rainy all day). So I'll have to see if this new one pops up again.

Yikes!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The chewing could very well be dental issues.

Gail I wouldnt introduce him to your boys until after hes been neutered. A lot will change with him afterwards. His temperament, being out in the wild, might also change when he comes into close contact with your boys while he is still unneutered.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I have 2 females and just one male. I was just going to do a short intro-most likely Grizzlie 1st as she is the most laid back. Bobs will be the worst as she is very terriitorial. Bakker is curious I know. My cats have been smelling him on my hands and clothes now for days.

"Buddy" right now is pretty mild mannered so I hope that continues!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with the intros..How exciting to have a new cat in the family
Any guesses on how old he is? It sounds like maybe someone dumped them near your home maybe you'll have two new cats?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His teeth and gums look pretty good but he isn't I think more than 18 mo -2 yrs old.
Have to see if the other one re-appears.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Intros start tomorrow!

Interesting about the other kitty. ?????????????? Wonder if they were like abandoned siblings or something.

Hope all goes well!

Laurie

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the vet visit went very well!!

Negative Feline Leukemia test!! The vet tech was impressed how well he handled the blood drawing!

He got the rhino and rabies shot- and 1st worming treatment. He goes back in a couple of weeks for the neutering 2nd rhino and worming treatment.

The biggest surprise the vet thinks he isn't a year old yet and he weighed 10.4 pounds. She thinks maybe 8 months! He might be a big cat then -well Neil wanted a larger cat for our next one anyhow!

So when I got back home I gave him some moist cat food then I let Bakker in the garage
to check out his new pal. Not long maybe 10 minutes. No big surprises-just a bit of sniffing and Bakker was following him around. Buddy was a bit timid which I think would be better than being aggressive. I try out more intro's later today maybe let him in the house for a few minutes too.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Well the vet visit went very well!!

Negative Feline Leukemia test!! The vet tech was impressed how well he handled the blood drawing!

He got the rhino and rabies shot- and 1st worming treatment. He goes back in a couple of weeks for the neutering 2nd rhino and worming treatment.

The biggest surprise the vet thinks he isn't a year old yet and he weighed 10.4 pounds. She thinks maybe 8 months! He might be a big cat then -well Neil wanted a larger cat for our next one anyhow!

So when I got back home I gave him some moist cat food then I let Bakker in the garage
to check out his new pal. Not long maybe 10 minutes. No big surprises-just a bit of sniffing and Bakker was following him around. Buddy was a bit timid which I think would be better than being aggressive. I try out more intro's later today maybe let him in the house for a few minutes too.
Yay!!!!!
Buddy sounds like a little doll.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took some pictures but with my dial up connection it will take a bit to load (someone sending me big email).