Who's having lousy weather?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are.

First rain, then ice, then sleet and it's starting to turn to snow. Had it started with snow I would have been happier, but now we'll have a layer of ice under all of the snow we are expecting.

DH went to light a fire in the fireplace this morning in case we lose power from the ice. The smoke backed up into the house and we had to open up a lot of windows and put fans in the windows blowing outward to get the smoke out. I thought for a while we were going have to evacuate the house. We had to carry a burning log across the living room to get it outside. No more fires until we have the chimney checked by a professional.

For everyone that is being hit by this ugly storm, stay safe and warm.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That was a nasty storm that passed through here and I hope it doesn't get too bad for you. The sun is out here melting away the snow and it should be up in the 60s F tomorrow.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was really bad yesterday, it was raining all day long and it was cold. Today it's still kinda wet and the rain is on and off. It's supposed to be even chillier tomorrow.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got some sleet yesterday, but not that much ice. It snowed a couple of inches yesterday, too, with most of it halfway melting which will mean nice icy roads tonight.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still somewhat new on TCS. Like me, the newer joiner uppers are pretty much lost when we read 'here' and there is no location listed.
So when someone posts .. it's sunny here, for all I know, you could be living in the Bahama's

Anyway, it's rainy here in central Missouri. We're expecting Kansas' snow. Yummy!
And I thought spring was here to stay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

Anyway, it's rainy here in central Missouri. We're expecting Kansas' snow. Yummy!
My Kansas snow is coming your way. Eastern central Kansas here.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Howdy neighbor!

Could you possibly blow that snow west instead of east?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Howdy neighbor!

Could you possibly blow that snow west instead of east?
We already had it here in Colorado and now it is your turn.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I'm still somewhat new on TCS. Like me, the newer joiner uppers are pretty much lost when we read 'here' and there is no location listed.
So when someone posts .. it's sunny here, for all I know, you could be living in the Bahama's
Sorry, I'm in central Oklahoma. We are getting today the weather front strange_wings had yesterday. It's supposed to get really cold tonight, down to 25 degrees F. Brrrr!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

The smoke backed up into the house and we had to open up a lot of windows and put fans in the windows blowing outward to get the smoke out. I thought for a while we were going have to evacuate the house. We had to carry a burning log across the living room to get it outside. No more fires until we have the chimney checked by a professional.
YIKES! Nothing like an adrenaline rush to keep you warm for a few minutes. The last time something like that happened to us we were still living on the coast of Oregon when it decided to snow, etc., and kill the power. Mojo has NO fur, so he got all of the blankets, but he also doubled as a heater for us to snuggle with!

It's a 'perfect' 75 here in AZ, not a cloud in sight.. but I don't like the sun! So how about we trade states, huh? Palm trees for snow sounds good to me!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Sold. When can we swap?
I probably won't be able to afford the moving expenses, so right after I teach the cats & dogs to mush!
A litter box will have to do for a sled and a laser pointer should keep them running!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittiesHasMe

Sorry, I'm in central Oklahoma. We are getting today the weather front strange_wings had yesterday. It's supposed to get really cold tonight, down to 25 degrees F. Brrrr!
I never really paid attention to your location before, had I looked over there I would have caught on fast.

Stay warm. Most of my towns roads are clear since they actually take care of them. A relief for me tonight as no one in this state can handle slight ice or snow without going off the road.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm in Kansas too, right on the Sumner/Sedgwick county line. We had LOTS of snow. It finally quit a few hours ago and now the sun is out. I bet it will be melted here by Monday.

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep -3 here and it really is cold. We have a lovely open fire though which we all snuggle round so its not too bad. Just not looking forward to Monday morning, but who is hey?