Scarey!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was watching the end of the news on tv, when I saw a man walking up my driveway. He had a white rag tied around his mouth and nose, his pants were shredded to his knees. He came and knocked on my door, but I was in the bedroom on the phone with the sheriff's dept. He kept walking around in circles in my driveway, then disappeared and showed up with a dirty white cloth sack on his shoulder. He finally headed off down the road. A deputy called me and said they had contact with this guy earlier as they found him sleeping in a field. He's a transient. He said they were sending a deputy to make contact with him again. Well, I hope they shooed him away. I'm here alone tonight, my DH is staying with his mom this weekend while his sister is out of town. I live in the boonies, with no neighbors. It scared the heck out of me, I'm still nervous. I probably won't sleep at all tonight!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
YIKES.. that kind of thing happened to us so often before moving. They always flipped my paranoia switch.. closed ALL blinds, slept with ALL of the lights in the house on.. ugh!
They aren't always harmful, but who really wants to take the chance, right?

I'm impressed that a deputy called back to give you an update! Sometimes after an 'incident' the police would drive through again later in the night as a precaution. Maybe they will do the same in your case.

Sorry to hear about the scary night.. it's a good thing TCS is here 24/7!
Stay safe!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is the deputy going to call you back again after they make contact again? Can they take him to a shelter to get him away from you?

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, at least the police are aware. They'll probably be driving by. That is scary though. I wouldn't be able to sleep either. Maybe someone can come stay with you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittybernard

YIKES.. that kind of thing happened to us so often before moving. They always flipped my paranoia switch.. closed ALL blinds, slept with ALL of the lights in the house on.. ugh!
They aren't always harmful, but who really wants to take the chance, right?

I'm impressed that a deputy called back to give you an update! Sometimes after an 'incident' the police would drive through again later in the night as a precaution. Maybe they will do the same in your case.

Sorry to hear about the scary night.. it's a good thing TCS is here 24/7!
Stay safe!!
Yup... my lights are staying on all night. My DH has called 3 times to check up.

The deputy said he didn't want to call him harmless but that he seemed to be.

When you walk up and knock on my door with your face covered...you will meet Yamhill County's finest, or my rifle. It's simple!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

When you walk up and knock on my door with your face covered...you will meet Yamhill County's finest, or my rifle. It's simple!
You go girl!
Actually, that would make the perfect yard sign!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's definitely creepy! I'd be freaked out, especially if I were alone. But if I were alone, I've got Rob's 12ga tactical shotgun and my 9mm semi-auto as persuasion to leave me alone if you want to come on in...

I've been occasionally worried about it happening at our new house because we live on a street with only 5 other houses, and there's woods across from us as well as some old fields further back. There's been some suspicious people walking by before.