What's Your Ringtone?

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All of my ringtones are animal themed with cats meowing & dogs barking to some corny tune.
When I first started using them Pumpkin would go looking around the house like, "Somebody new! Who's here?! Where are they?!"

How about the rest of you guys & gals?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm boring. Mine's just a regular phone ring. Makes it pretty easy to distinguish since everybody else has this song or that animal or whatever. Also, I'm too cheap to pay for anything that's not already on my phone.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have different songs for the people that frequently call me, and a song for numbers that haven't been assigned a certain song.

My general song is Lemonade by Chris Rice

My husband's song is Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton. That was our first dance at our wedding.

My sister's song is Rich Girl by Hall and Oats (that song pins her to a T, and they didn't have Barbie Girl like on my last phone)

My friend Rachel is When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne

My mom's is the beginning of Symphony Number 5 LMAO

That's it. No one else really calls me. I never thought to have cat sounds. I'll have to look and see if I can find any, and I'll put it for when someone calls from our house.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use one the ring tones that came with my phone. It's called Space1 and sounds like phasers firing and weird sci-fi type music. Hardly anyone else uses it so I always know it's my phone. The one I used before this was too popular, a phone would go off and several people would be scrambling for their phone. Now everyone else looks around and asks 'what the heck is that?'. LOL

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My basic one is Supermassive Blackhole by Muse...from the baseball scene in Twilight

From the scene in the movie:

My best friend is Surfin Bird by The Trashmen-if you have ever seen the Family Guy episode for that song, you would totally understand!

Clips from Surfin' Bird! I laugh so hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUyRA...eature=related

Trav's is It is you (I have Loved)from Shrek...Shawn Johnson danced to it on DWTS on the first night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7ogb...eature=related

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is just a plain boring ring

My caller tune however (what people listen to when they ring me) is the sound of cats purring and meowing.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My phone has a slot for a sd card, and I have a reader so I can customize it however I want. This means I make my own ringtones.

Currently I have the solo from Bloodbath - Devouring the Feeble, it's similar to the intro but with a very nice guitar solo over it.

I'm thinking of switching it to the intro from Grave - And Here I Die ...Satisfied, for obvious reasons.

For those who aren't quite interested in making their own ringtones, wallpapers, or themes, there's a site that has free ones http://www.zedge.net/ that may interest some of you. Simply put in the type of phone you have and search (at least when searching for themes). You can download to your PC and load it onto you phone like I do, you can browse the site via your phone, or you can choose to send stuff to your phone from the site.

Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

My caller tune however (what people listen to when they ring me) is the sound of cats purring and meowing.
FYI, and everyone else, this is extremely annoying to those who have to make business calls. I can't stand it when people use rap, particularly anything with very vulgar lyrics. I might listen to metal myself, but I wouldn't force anyone else to sit and listen to it - could you imagine someone's grandmother having to sit through that?

While your cat sounds aren't offensive, after someone has had to make 30-40 calls in a row it can be very grating.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine is just something boring, since I drop my phone every few months and have to get a new one.
This latest one, I havent changed anything other than the way it was set when I got it.

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Tubular Bells theme to the Exorcist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbAok...eature=related
I played the first 10 seconds of that, Kiko and Snowball both jumped up, straight out of a sleep, so I stopped it.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

FYI, and everyone else, this is extremely annoying to those who have to make business calls. I can't stand it when people use rap, particularly anything with very vulgar lyrics. I might listen to metal myself, but I wouldn't force anyone else to sit and listen to it - could you imagine someone's grandmother having to sit through that?

While your cat sounds aren't offensive, after someone has had to make 30-40 calls in a row it can be very grating.
I understand it may annoy some people - but my cell phone is strictly for friends/family - everyone else gets my email address (I lied it's on my website too!)

I think it makes it a little bit more fun then the boring ring!
When I've got enough $$ on my phone I might get a rap song!
but I've had the cat tone since I was about 13.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I get strange looks from the public if my phone goes as well
I bet

Earlier, I heard an emergency alarm sound like this ..........

It was really loud and sounded like it was inside the house, so I go running downstairs, as fast as could (you know LOL) and I get down there and its Jims ringtone on his phone

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

It's the people who let the whole place know their business on the phone that irritates me. I feel like telling him to drop their voice a bit