Keller keeps sitting on her kittens

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keller and her kittens are in my office so i can keep an eye and ear on them. Keller keeps moving around in her nest and she will sometimes sit on one kitten. It will cry and cry but she can't hear it. I have to go pull it out from under her
When they are a little bigger she will feel them struggle but for now its up to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think she could actually smoother one? I was worried about them all night and kept getting up to check on them.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Poor baby.
How is she doing with them when she's not sitting on them? Is she a good mother?

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a really good mother other than that
She stays with them most of the time, more time than other foster cats I have had. She loves to snuggle with them!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you know if she is deaf? If so, that would be the reason why she can't hear the kitten crying when she sits on them. One of the biggest problems in dealing with deaf white mother cats!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

She is a really good mother other than that
She stays with them most of the time, more time than other foster cats I have had. She loves to snuggle with them!
That's adorable.

As for the problem though, I'm not familar enough with new mothers to know how dangerous her squashing is, but my instinct would be to make sure that she is supervised until she's learned to respond to the kittens' struggles. You (and she) would be terribly upset if anything did happen to one of the babies.

Can you set up a cot or whatever in the office?

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Do you know if she is deaf? If so, that would be the reason why she can't hear the kitten crying when she sits on them. One of the biggest problems in dealing with deaf white mother cats!
She is completely deaf. That is the problem. If she could hear them she would move I'm sure. She is being very attentive and when she leaves the nest she comes back very soon. Maybe because she can't hear she knows she needs to stay near.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww
Thats too bad.
At least every thing else is alright, and she's not, like ignoring them.
I don't know if they can smuggle them, but you'd probably rather be safe than sorry...maybe try keeping them in your room at night, but that might keep you up when Keller leaves them for a second and they all start crying.
Sorry I can't suggest anything more...
I hope they're all alright!