Best place to get Frontline? Anyone heard of nomorefleasplease.com?

m715

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like there is a lot of good information here on this site...I look forward to reading more.

I'm starting to look for a good place to get Frontline Plus as my vet is ~$15/dose and we have 4 cats and one of which goes for walks outside on a leash. Looking on line I have found the 6-packs ranging from ~$52 to $80 (8.67-13.33/dose).

Then I ran a cross www.nomorefleasplease.com and they have bulk packaged Frontline for dogs and cats that you measure out the dose. They have a 24 month kit for $46 (1.92/dose). I have no problems measuring out dosages as we are already do that for a number of other things anyway. But, has anyone dealt with this company or Frontline in self measured amounts, as I don't seem to see anyone else selling it this way?

Thanks for any thoughts!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The real worry is counterfeit drugs sold by non vet s

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually a friend of mine ordered hers from there, and had no problems at all. The ampules are the size for large dogs, so just pay close attention to the dosages for cats. They send you the equipment you need and the instructions.

If you have ever dosed liquid medication for a child, then you shouldn't have any problems dosing this. Just read all instructions carefully.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m715

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

The real worry is counterfeit drugs sold by non vet s
Webpage looks legit, but then again they are easy to make anymore.

So I did a WHOIS:
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search...

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: NOMOREFLEASPLEASE.COM
Created on: 05-May-07
Expires on: 05-May-11
Last Updated on: 09-Mar-09
Administrative Contact:
xxxx, xxxx [email protected]
xxxx xxxxxx xxxx Drive
Charlotte, North Carolina 28226
United States
(I xxx out personal looking name and contact info, use the search above if interested in details.)

and then pulled a search from the North Carolina Dept. of Commerce and indeed it is a registered business:
http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/corporations...

Corporation Names
Name No More Fleas Please, Inc.
Name Type Legal\t
Business Corporation Information
SOSID: xxxxxxx\t
Date Formed: 8/1/2007\t
Citizenship: Domestic\t
State of Inc.: NC\t
Duration: Perpetual
(Personal contact info was the same as above)

Originally Posted by clixpix

Actually a friend of mine ordered hers from there, and had no problems at all. The ampules are the size for large dogs, so just pay close attention to the dosages for cats. They send you the equipment you need and the instructions.
If you have ever dosed liquid medication for a child, then you shouldn't have any problems dosing this. Just read all instructions carefully.
Good to hear of someone actually using it and yep no problems with dosed medications here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m715

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I usually get mine from www.drsfostersmith.com
Ah yes we get that catalog, they sell some cool stuff

For the fun of it I called frontline themselves and they were really no help...the lady just kept repeating we only recommend veterinary prescribed frontline purchases and basically said buying any where else is bad; any stores, any online sales, anywhere but the vet is bad, sounds to me like they get their best markup from the vet

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy the frontline from my vet for large dogs for $18 and it is enough doses for all of my cats and then some.I just have to measure it out.Maybe your vet will sell it like this???It is much cheaper for us to do it this way (because we always have rescues too that need flea treatment)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy from Drs Foster & Smith, too. They have excellent customer service and guarantee their products. Prices are pretty good, too. www.jefferspet.com has lower prices. I've bought from them several times and have no complaints, but they do not have the guarantee.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by m715

Ah yes we get that catalog, they sell some cool stuff

For the fun of it I called frontline themselves and they were really no help...the lady just kept repeating we only recommend veterinary prescribed frontline purchases and basically said buying any where else is bad; any stores, any online sales, anywhere but the vet is bad, sounds to me like they get their best markup from the vet
They may also be saying that because the products you get online/stores/anywhere else are not the same formulation as what you get from the vet. It may also be a legal issue, i.e., you buy Frontline online and it hurts or kills your pet, Frontline cannot be sued because they did not supply the product - the only legitimately supply veterinarians. Just them saying that would be a heads-up and a warning to me to only buy from a vet. But then I am one of those people that won't take any chances when it comes to Bijou and Mika.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by m715

Then I ran a cross www.nomorefleasplease.com and they have bulk packaged Frontline for dogs and cats that you measure out the dose. They have a 24 month kit for $46 (1.92/dose). I have no problems measuring out dosages as we are already do that for a number of other things anyway. But, has anyone dealt with this company or Frontline in self measured amounts, as I don't seem to see anyone else selling it this way?
THANK YOU for providing this web site! My parents were going to shell out over $100 for Frontline for their two dogs at the vets (6 vials - 3 each for each dog), and they really didn't have the money. I checked an overseas pharmacy that I use for Bob's asthma medicine, and they had Frontline for $65 (again, 6 vials). Then I saw this thread - $45.99 (shipping included) for 18 doses. They are willing to measure the dose for that price.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to add that I ordered it for them on Wednesday evening, and it arrived this morning. It was the Frontline for large dogs (the only difference is the dose size) and came with the storage vial and pipette and complete instructions. I recommend this to anyone who needs to cut costs on flea control.

piikki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bob'sMom

I have to add that I ordered it for them on Wednesday evening, and it arrived this morning. It was the Frontline for large dogs (the only difference is the dose size) and came with the storage vial and pipette and complete instructions. I recommend this to anyone who needs to cut costs on flea control.
Ok, so it came with pipette... Gee, I wonder how this would go across with vet.

I already have to get dog size Revolution for one of my cats (he's a big boy), then they sell me cat-Rev for two of my cats and when I give it, I discard some when I give it to my skinny guy because I feel like he is getting overdosed. Somehow, I have a feeling some eye rolling if I suggested they sell me a big dog package for way cheaper and trust me to dose it to my cats (whose weights widely vary). Would save me a good dollar and I would be totally willing - and believe capable - to do it.

Too bad Rev is Rx because I will need that (although I expect I will be suggested a change because of our tick incident this week) when I go tomorrow. I wish there was a safe non-Rx tick add-on I could just dose seasonally because I don't wish to change anyway.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by piikki

Somehow, I have a feeling some eye rolling if I suggested they sell me a big dog package for way cheaper and trust me to dose it to my cats (whose weights widely vary). Would save me a good dollar and I would be totally willing - and believe capable - to do it.
My vet will do it---no eye rolling---so it's worth asking about.