Long Time No Chat

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's been a very very long time since I've been on here and I'm well overdue to check in.

Lots of things have happened over the last several months. I am back on the internet permanatly now so I'll be on alot more now

I've missed you guys!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh thanks Alycia for telling us so much has happened and then just leaving it at that
Give us details!

Welcome Back!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh thanks Alycia for telling us so much has happened and then just leaving it at that
Give us details!

Welcome Back!

I don't even know where to start!

Ok, so the townhouse we moved into turned out to be too good to be true... AGAIN! After putting down a considerable amount of money to start renting to own, and paying 2 mortgage payments, we found out we were scammed... AGAIN!
Last friday we were given 24hrs to move because it was foreclosed on. Luckily, they gave us an extention because they didn't know anyone lived there.
We will be meeting with the attorney on Monday and are suing the pants off of our "landlord".

But we are almost happy it happened. The HOA was very strict there and god forbid we left the waterhose coiled in the yard overnight

Oh, I almost forgot, I'm starting my own business

It's Deep South Scents.
I make candles, tarts and decorative soaps. It's going rather well so far.

Now that I have the internet I will have my webpage up soon and will be taking orders

One of my best friends of 16 years is living with us now. I've known him for a very long time and him and his girlfriend got down on their luck and needed a place to stay.
I know what it's like to be in that position so I couldn't say no. Plus, he'd give me the shirt off his back

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate to hear that about the townhome. I remember you saying you guys were moving there. I was reading about the housing market in FL and homes people bought for $800,000 were now worth $250,000, that it was just easier for them to walk away from a $250,000 home, than stay and pay $800,000 for it.

I hope you guys get your home situation straightened out soon, I know its been hard on you guys.

Thats fantastic about your business. I hope it continues to be successful for you. Have you looked into selling your things on Etsy?

How are you boys? I hope everything is well with them, too.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hate to hear that about the townhome. I remember you saying you guys were moving there. I was reading about the housing market in FL and homes people bought for $800,000 were now worth $250,000, that it was just easier for them to walk away from a $250,000 home, than stay and pay $800,000 for it.

I hope you guys get your home situation straightened out soon, I know its been hard on you guys.

Thats fantastic about your business. I hope it continues to be successful for you. Have you looked into selling your things on Etsy?

How are you boys? I hope everything is well with them, too.
We moved into a really nice 3 bedroom house on Tuesday
The lanlord was really understanding and cool about everything.

I am definatly going to sell them on Ebay. Also on Amazon and at local Flea Markets and craft shows.

The boys are doing good. Deacon is still a pistol and always into something

He's taken to growing plants now. He currently has a Lima bean that's about a 2 feet tall now along with an Aster and a Sunflower that's starting to sprout.

Justice and I are still struggling
I just put him in counsiling and we are keeping our fingers crossed that it will help. His lying, and defiance has gotten worse unfortunatly

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im so sorry to hear that about Justice. I know that must be so hard for all of you. Im sure these changes around him and how he likes things consistent must be hard for him to accept sometimes, but you guys will pull through.

Thats good that you guys were able to find another place and get settled again. Hopefully this is the last move for a while.

Have you checked out Etsy.com to sell your things?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Im so sorry to hear that about Justice. I know that must be so hard for all of you. Im sure these changes around him and how he likes things consistent must be hard for him to accept sometimes, but you guys will pull through.

Thats good that you guys were able to find another place and get settled again. Hopefully this is the last move for a while.

Have you checked out Etsy.com to sell your things?
I'm going to check it out now

ETA: I just checked it out and that is the perfect place!

But I can proudly say they don't have the same things that I make

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back!!

If you are interested I have a soap making book from the, well it had 2nd printing in 1975!

You are more than welcome to have it.

Hope the housing situation gets straightened out for you guys. And that Justice and you can benefit from his counseling.

Any critters back with you??

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was going to say the same thing Pami did, but I got here after more details so.....

YAY that you're in a new place that it seems like you like with a good landlord. that it will be the last move in a looooooong time.
Poor Justice. Once things settle down, I'm sure he'll do better.
In the meantime, I hope the counseling helps.

Glad to hear Deacon's handled it well.

So glad to see you back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I gotta say - you sound pretty upbeat and happy!

CONGRATS on the business! Even better news that it's going pretty well!
I sure hope it keeps up.

Laurie

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Welcome back!!

If you are interested I have a soap making book from the, well it had 2nd printing in 1975!

You are more than welcome to have it.

Hope the housing situation gets straightened out for you guys. And that Justice and you can benefit from his counseling.

Any critters back with you??
All of the critters have been with me since we moved to the townhome.
Matter of fact, we've added a few.
Oreo is a kitty that the neighbor gave us 3 days after we moved into the townhouse lol.
Stinky is the ferret. Someone's roommate moved out and left him behind.
The poor little guy was underfed and could barely walk. We've nursed him back to health and his hair is finally growing back

Then our roommates brought Butch. He's a 80lbs pitbull and nothing but a huge blockhead

I'd love to have the book! For the first time in a long time I'm excited about something

Originally Posted by LDG

I was going to say the same thing Pami did, but I got here after more details so.....

YAY that you're in a new place that it seems like you like with a good landlord. that it will be the last move in a looooooong time.
Poor Justice. Once things settle down, I'm sure he'll do better.
In the meantime, I hope the counseling helps.

Glad to hear Deacon's handled it well.

So glad to see you back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I gotta say - you sound pretty upbeat and happy!

CONGRATS on the business! Even better news that it's going pretty well!
I sure hope it keeps up.

Laurie
I'm hoping Justice will actually open up and talk to the therapist this time.

And I'm glad to be back!!!!