Crafting Cats!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
The 'Cats & sewing' thread made me think of this. Does anyone else have crafting helpers?

Cotton checking out my quilt as I baste it:

Original

Checking out that edge...you never know what's going to be there:

Original

Wait! Is something under here?

Original

Meanwhile, Freya guards the fabric on my design wall. See how she sits on it to make sure no one can get at it? How dilligent of her.

Original

Guarding is hard work:

Original

ladylonewolf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have pics, but Harley likes to "help" me draw; if I'm sitting at the table, she'll get up in my lap and put her paws on the edge of the table and push my pencils around. If I'm laying on the floor, she's in the bag that has all my pencils in it, pulling different ones out and swatting them around. To add some more um, "help", she's sat on my artwork I don't know how many times.

She hasn't helped me sew yet, but when I'm sitting doing counted cross stitch, she intently watches the thread go back and forth. Unfortunately, she's terrified of my sewing machine, so she doesn't get to watch anything that comes out of there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LadyLoneWolf

Unfortunately, she's terrified of my sewing machine, so she doesn't get to watch anything that comes out of there.
Freya LOVES the sewing machine, despite the fact that it's a big loud cast-iron model from the '70s. She comes running the minute she hears it and finds 'her spot' in my quilting room. Lately cotton's started sitting under the fabric I'm working on. He has no interest in the machine but seems to have decided that if he sits in my fabric, he gets an automatic hug since I have to reach over him.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the pics, especially the one of Freya. What good helper cats you have. My boys 'help' me blog by lying on my right arm as I type. Frankly, it's help I could do without, but what are you going to do?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice quilt!!!

Muddy is my most dilligent (and therefore annoying) craft helper. He likes to chew on the thread on my sewing machine, and the way that the thread sort of wiggles as the machine is in motion gets him bajigidy. Needless to say, the machine has to be covered anytime I step away from it, even for 10 seconds. If I'm doing serious sewing, I have to shut the door to that room to keep him out.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Nice quilt!!!

Muddy is my most dilligent (and therefore annoying) craft helper. He likes to chew on the thread on my sewing machine, and the way that the thread sort of wiggles as the machine is in motion gets him bajigidy.
Thanks!

That one was alot of fun to do. I don't often do 'old-style' quilts, so it was a nice change.

I can't stop laughing at the mental image of Muddy trying to eat the thread.

I'm so glad that my two are only interested in the fabric...

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cute set of helpers you have there.

Elijah is a gentleman and has no inertest in helping me cross stich or sketch.
Anna, on the other hand, wants to be right in the middle of whatever I'm doing, usually, by sitting or standing on the project with her nose a quarter of an inch from my hand. She chuffs and chirps (everyone's a critic.). Then she tries to steal my pencil by swatting it out of my hand or grabbing it in her teeth and running off.

I have to ask. How much fabric do you have stashed around the house? In your car trunk? I had a good friend that quilted and she kept new fabric in the trunk of her car so her husband would't know how much she bought.

Trunk=Boot for our Brit and Aussie friends.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittiesHasMe

I have to ask. How much fabric do you have stashed around the house? In your car trunk? I had a good friend that quilted and she kept new fabric in the trunk of her car so her husband would't know how much she bought.

Trunk=Boot for our Brit and Aussie friends.
I'm not too bad, although I know people who've taken over an entire 3 car garage with thier fabric.

I had to share my quilting space with our office until just a few years ago, so I only have about 8 1ft square baskets, plus a rubbermaid bin of fabric...and I have a plan for almost all of it, I promise.

DH doesn't worry about the fabric yet...it still takes up less room than his walk in closet that we've dubbed the "computer part graveyard."