I got a job!!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After being unemployed for 10 months, I finally have a job!! I was offered the position at lunchtime today, after thinking they decided to give it to someone else. They had initially told me they would make their decision on Monday and I hadn't heard this morning so I assumed they chose someone else. I spoke too soon!
I start next Tuesday, and I will be working at a daycare center in the infant room. They pay well and it seems like a great place to work. I can't wait!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! You can't ask for anything better than being with babies AND getting paid for it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!!

Well, I started my job today. I LOVE it!! The people are so nice, especially the directors (sisters) and the girls I work with. Unless something unforeseen happens, I believe I will be there for quite a while.
I'm a little rusty from not working in childcare for almost 2 years, even though I have 15 years of experience. I think I'll get the hang of it though.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

Thanks everyone!!

Well, I started my job today. I LOVE it!! The people are so nice, especially the directors (sisters) and the girls I work with. Unless something unforeseen happens, I believe I will be there for quite a while.
I'm a little rusty from not working in childcare for almost 2 years, even though I have 15 years of experience. I think I'll get the hang of it though.
Good News
I am glad you like it

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! You can keep the rugrats, I'll stick to 4 legged furry babies, but I'm glad you like it! That's the most important thing with a job. How many kids are you taking care of at a time? I can't even imagine one for me!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Belated congrats!
Glad you like your new job - its wonderful to enjoy where you work

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Congrats! You can keep the rugrats, I'll stick to 4 legged furry babies, but I'm glad you like it! That's the most important thing with a job. How many kids are you taking care of at a time? I can't even imagine one for me!
We will eventually (it's a brand new center, just opened in Jan, so they are still developing a client base) have 12 infants from 6 weeks to 12 months of age, with 3 teachers. So a 4:1 ratio. I love it, though. I've been working with infants in various settings since I was 19 (I'm 31) and with preschoolers and toddlers for 3 years before that.