I can't believe its been a year

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A year ago yesterday was the worst day of my life. My mom died because her liver was damaged due to medications she had taken. Once her liver failed all the other organs followed thereafter.

I know it was a relief to her because she suffered miserably for months, but for me it was the worst experience of my life. I had only been to one funeral before hers and it wasn't someone who I was close to, but did know.

Some days are better than others. I try to live my life day to day as if everything is normal, but then, something happens, and it is the reality that sets in. Knowing that something will happen is worse than not knowing it will happen. So how am I suppose to live my life when I know it is not over? I hate pretending that it is all ok, when it isn't. Everything reminds me of her and I appreciate her even more now.

There are days I wish I could ask her questions, but I can't. There is a huge void and she will never come back. I still get angry at times because of everything that happened and how much she suffered. She didn't do anything to deserve this.

Has anyone else ever experience this?

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry,I know how you are feeling.It is very hard to lose your mother.My Mother passed away in January 2006 from lung cancer.Some days it hits me so hard and it hurts like I just lost her all over again.I am here if you need someone to talk to.

tabbycalicogurl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about your mom.

I lost my aunt last september and my cousins Kirsten,Nick,and Robert are going thorw the same thing as you.I know they miss my aunt so much(as does my whole family).You will be in my prayers and thoughts.Again I am so sorry.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that! I know how you feel!
My dad died last month from a massive heart attack and stroke. We were very close as I was his only daughter. I noticed my dad acting oddly and my first thought was that he was having a stroke. I called 911 and went with him in the ambulance. What still bothers me is that first day while he was laying there in the ICU, he held my hand and as best he could with his left side paralysed, he thanked me for saving his life. How could he know he'd die 5 days later.

I will keep you in my prayers

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I didn't mean to take away from your post, your thoughts and grief in any way. I just wanted to let you know I fully understand what you're going through and that we are all here to support you!!
BIG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

Sorry, I didn't mean to take away from your post, your thoughts and grief in any way. I just wanted to let you know I fully understand what you're going through and that we are all here to support you!!
BIG
You didn't take away from my post at all. I'm sorry that you went through what you did. I'm just glad your dad didn't suffer for 3 months like my mom did. What she endured still bothers me every single time I think about it. I would have gladly traded spaces with her.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know I understand, sweetie... my "anniversary" was hard too, but somehow it's easier now that the date has passed. I've settled into a comfortable way of remembering my father now, a positive way that's more about love than loss. I hope that happens for you, too.

ilovemyhades

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss, and everyone else on here. I know how you all feel I lost my dad two years ago to a massive heart attack he had christmas morning. It's been hard but I'm finally starting to accept it. I guess it just takes time.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

You didn't take away from my post at all. I'm sorry that you went through what you did. I'm just glad your dad didn't suffer for 3 months like my mom did. What she endured still bothers me every single time I think about it. I would have gladly traded spaces with her.
Thanks for your understanding

I can't say that I know how you feel with months of suffering. I have never had to go through that!
Many and prayers!!