Can't do advanced search

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand that the site is ad supported and needs the revenue, but would it be possible to keep the ads in the background as opposed to the foreground?

I am not able to do an advanced search because the spot where the box is suppsoed to appear is coverd by whatever ad of the moment is on the right side of the page (between the lines that say premium members can turn off advertising). I've tried navigating back and forth to see if I can get around it but no luck.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Can you try using a different browser? I get that kind of thing on some sites with Firefox. Using Safari or Explorer usually takes care of the problem, even though I don't like those browsers as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the reply!
Actually I am using Explorer.

I also use firefox only on a couple of sites where I am a moderator but I really don't like using it. It sounds like using FF in thise case wouldn't help.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Actually, Firefox works best for me on TCS. Haven't figured out why since it's the one that gives me the most problems with other sites.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2dogmom

I am not able to do an advanced search because the spot where the box is suppsoed to appear is coverd by whatever ad of the moment is on the right side of the page (between the lines that say premium members can turn off advertising). I've tried navigating back and forth to see if I can get around it but no luck.
I'd suggest resizing you zoom setting. I used to have this problem and it went away when I got a bigger monitor. I think there's some interaction between the place where the ad is and where the box drops down. Maybe resizing will alter that relationship.