TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is momma and babies in their office bedroom

Baby 1

Baby 2

Baby 3 (gray spots on head)

Baby 4

They are all nursing but she doesn't seem to have milk. Will it come in?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my Gosh.... How cute they are! Look at those little furballs....

Keller looks so motherly too... Poor thing - that's a big scar!
I am not sure about the milk - I would imagine that yes, it will come. I would call the vet just to make sure though. Are you positive nothing is coming out?
Vibes for Keller and the little ones!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got up to feed the kittens and none are interested in feeding. They all have tight little round tummys so I am hoping that means her milk is in. It is hard to tell because her belly is swollen and fat

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LMAO oh my gosh…. CUTE!!! Lol the second picture feels like a “One of the things in the picture doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t belong†game.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

I just got up to feed the kittens and none are interested in feeding. They all have tight little round tummys so I am hoping that means her milk is in. It is hard to tell because her belly is swollen and fat
I'd keep a close eye on it - it's not something to let wait long. When the vet gave her the shot to help her get her milk in did he tell you how long it should take to take effect? Or what to look for?

If you've any doubts, I'd call and grill him so you know if you need to take action.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What beautiful babies! I love the little grey patch

Poor Keller! Having babies is hard work!

lele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the babies.....Sorry for the difficult delivery but wow what pretty babies. Good Luck!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Awww...such cuties.

I'm so sorry Keller had such a tough time, but those are some gorgeous babies. I love the one little tabby...I guess we know what colour Dad was.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

You're gonna have to dab them with food coloring to tell them apart!

'lil cuties...
The one white one has grey on its head but I have marked the other 2 with color on their tail and bottom...according to how they eat. The one with purple on its tail gets fed more often.

4 kittens + 4 kids = crazy Amy

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
What sweet babies
Sorry Keller had such a hard time, but it looks like she's doing great.

If the babies' tummies are round and they aren't hungry, they're probably getting plenty of milk from mama cat. In the first picture it looks to me like she's full of milk, especially around the back nipples.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does look full but it is fat. The doctor said she has a large band of fat running the length of her abdomen. I think they must be getting something because they aren't as hungry as they were last night.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hungry kittens will be crying all the time, so it seems that they must be getting enough to eat.

Also keep in mind that white cats just mask their underlying colors. You don't know what they are really carrying (color-wise) till they are bred or you have the pedigree with colors.

My odd-eye white rex was either a tortie or tortie-point under her white (knew her mom and dad's colors and the grandmothers were also colorpoint rexes).

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

She does look full but it is fat. The doctor said she has a large band of fat running the length of her abdomen. I think they must be getting something because they aren't as hungry as they were last night.
Hi,

you should start weighing the kitten on a daily basis to find out if all are getting enough milk and gaining weight or not.

At this age they should gain about 10 grams a day, if one doesn't gain any weight over a period of two days or even starts loosing weight you should go to the vets immedeately- little kittens don't have the reserves to survive setbacks.

Are the birth weights all OK and inbetween 80 and 120 grams?

Good luck,

christine

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww how sweet....like someone else said...guess we know what color the father is.....adorable