Will get a friend for Avalon

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have this thing for white kitties. I researched and searched the web and found an owner who has a litter that are three weeks old. He lives here and the kitties will be released on Mother's day. They are all male. He described the litter as "white and orange tabby crossed with Turkish Angora". AWWWWE!!! Just have to have one. So in contacting him, it had to go through myspace so I am glad to have an account there even though I never go there. I contacted him over five hours ago and still have not heard a thing. The price is also very affordable and that is a surprise since Turkish Angoras are expensive, are they?

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not to be a total downer but people have a tendancy to think that because their cat LOOKS like a Purebred it must be. Unless one of the parents is papered as a Turkish Angora I wouldn't believe it.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Besides, they aren't Turkish Angora's... they're moggies...
I totally adore that term for mixed bred cat's! I was reading 'The Cat Confidential' and the author uses that term, I love it!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

Besides, they aren't Turkish Angora's... they're moggies...
Yep - I wouldn't pay for one.... I would just go to the shelter and adopt one... If you want a long haired one, I am sure they will have it at the shelter. It's so wrong for people to sell moggies s if they were a breed! How can they possibly do that??

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd pay enough to cover vet care (first shots, deworming, etc.) and a bit extra for feeding and caring for them for 8-10 weeks (especially if they're well socialized and healthy), but other than that I wouldn't pay for a mixed-breed kitten. I hope he's not charging too much. I agree that they probably aren't even half Angora...unless that parent cat has papers, there's no way to know. They sound cute, though! Be sure to post pics if you get one of the kitties!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He never wrote me back which I am surprised since once Avalon has kitties, I would look for opportunities to get them passed to other people.

He did state in the ad that the Turkish Angoras are mixed with Tabbies. He is charging twenty dollars.

Just as well that he never wrote back since I changed my mind anyway since I now have a canary.

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Quite honestly, Avalon would probably accept another cat much better if she was spayed... less hormones that way.
At how many months old do cats go in heat? Do they bleed? My husband always had dobies growing up and he said the girl dogs bleed. I won't even let him get a miniature pincher since I am afraid of dogs. The only dogs I would get would be toys and teacups and Avalon loves dogs which I found out at the Vets.

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Cats do not bleed when they are in heat.
How do we know then if they are in heat?

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tweetykiss

They cry and sing a lot and loudly, they'll door dash trying to find a mate outside... They roll about and arch their backs... I've never had a girl in heat... Cats can go into heat as early as four months now a days, but that's somewhat rare...

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If she is not a pure bred cat and you are not a breeder then you really shouldn't let her have kittens, there are too many unwanted cats and kittens in shelters. You will save the lives of other kittens and cats by NOT letting her have kittens, so please do not breed her. If you have questions about this please ask! We can happily answer.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but you should try to get her Spay before her first heat cycle and then you won't have to worry about it! It's of greatest benefit to her if she is spay before she goes into heat, I believe that they won't do the procedure while they are in heat, and cats can go in heat fairly frequently. If you get her done though, you should have no problem getting her a friend! Especially at her young age!

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

They cry and sing a lot and loudly, they'll door dash trying to find a mate outside... They roll about and arch their backs... I've never had a girl in heat... Cats can go into heat as early as four months now a days, but that's somewhat rare...
Do cats go in heat even if they are spayed?

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Do cats go in heat even if they are spayed?
No. When a female cat is spayed, her uterus and ovaries are removed so she can't reproduce, and her body no longer produces the hormones that would bring her into a heat cycle.