OMG, what do I do...if anything

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keller just came out of the litterbox with about 1/4 in of the baby sticking out. It just looks like a rust colored bag but I am sure that is what it is. I put her in her bed but she doesn't seem to really be doing anything. How long before I help her? She is trying to get to that area but she is too big.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long should I wait? It has been about 20 minutes and it is about 3/4 way out. Should I pull on it? I am freaking out a bit.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I pulled the bag and bloody liquid came out but no baby was in it. I am really scared now.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Initially pinkish-yellow fluid may be expelled from the vagina or a "bag of water" may protrude. If a "bag of water" is seen, break the bag - the idea is much like trying to put a penny in a balloon through a small tube, it is easier if the balloon is deflated.

That was from the website. I bet that was the bag of water, so it's probably okay. Maybe you could PM a breeder. Go to the breeders corner and find one. Maybe they can help you.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is just laying in her bed very quiet. She doesn't appear to be having contractions. Ohhh, this is making me crazy.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet called. She is starting to make some noise but it is just squeaks. If nothing is happening in an hour we are going to the vets office. Please pray she delivers safely and on her own.

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...things got really ugly and I ended up taking her in for an emergency c-section. The first kitten was breech and he said her birth canal was narrow. She had 6 kittens...only 4 made it. She also doesn't have any milk. The vet gave her a shot to bring her milk in but it looks like I will be up supplementing tonight. Please continue to pray that her kittens survive.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww.. poor baby! So, is she in the vet, or at home? Thank goodness you acted fast! Good job!
What color are the kittens? Pictures??
fo all the kittens and mamma as well!

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is home...and doing well. We have 3 white kittens and one white and gray tabby. I will get pictures when everyone has settled a bit.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad she is home with you! Awww.... three whities! They must be gorgeous! I can't wait to see the little tabby also!

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are cuties! I hope they do good tonight and I hope Keller's milk comes in. They are in my office so I can be close all day long.

Now that they are all here I am a little worried about the cost of the c-section, after hours is probably more too! I know it couldn't be avoided. They also spayed Keller too so we don't have this problem again.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the kitten that was breech die?
At least the spay was done at the same time so you will not ahve to worry about that.
I would watch the kitten closely to make sure they are ok.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AMYSCRAZY

They are cuties! I hope they do good tonight and I hope Keller's milk comes in. They are in my office so I can be close all day long.

Now that they are all here I am a little worried about the cost of the c-section, after hours is probably more too! I know it couldn't be avoided. They also spayed Keller too so we don't have this problem again.
So, they bill you later? You don't know how much it was? There was no way to avoid it, and you certainly did the right thing... I can't wait to see them - we have been waiting for this day for a looooong time!