Wanna help me design jewelry?

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey guys. My birthday is coming up and I have decided to ask my family for a necklace with the Star of David on it. My fatherâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s good friend is a jewelry designer for a few well known jewelry stores so I can pretty much tell her exactly what I want. The only thing is I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t really know what I want lol. I am very bad at these types of things.

Now since this will be a present from both my parents, my sister and my boyfriend I can get a higher end necklace.

http://www.tiffany.ca/Shopping/Item....david&search=1 - This is what I was thinking. I like the simplicity of it. I would want it it in white gold BUT I wanted to add some diamonds. I just donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know where to add them? Do you think it would look tacky if I put really small diamonds on every point? Or if I put a bigger one, or even a crystal if it gets too expensive hanging from the hole in the middle? Or should I just put one at the very tip of the point. Id like to get at least one diamond as it is my birthstone (thankfully… it IS a girls best friend lol).

I want it to look really nice, as it will be only my second nice piece of jewelry, as well as a symbol of my faith. I am just so bad at this… my Mom still has to go shopping with me for clothes and accessories LOL I have no sense of style at all.

Thanks all

devanagara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I actually think it would look great to have just one small diamond on the bottom point (on the top one it wouldn't be noticeable enough because of the hardware).

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sure, just give me two days and I love to draw. I used to do beading and then took metal jewelry making. I couldn't stay with it since in order to own a tank for the soder, our home insurance would have gone up. I will draw my opinion though.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
How about something like this? I put the "diamonds" in blue so you can see them.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

How about something like this? I put the "diamonds" in blue so you can see them.
It's amazing that you drew that. That was exactly where I would put the diamonds instead of on the tips.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow awesome! I like the inside diamonds way better then my outside diamond idea. My dad just called me, he is not impressed and says the star is very boring lol. Maybe he will like the inside diamond idea!

Thanks so much

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

Wow awesome! I like the inside diamonds way better then my outside diamond idea. My dad just called me, he is not impressed and says the star is very boring lol. Maybe he will like the inside diamond idea!

Thanks so much
Maybe a sapphire instead of a diamond? (To be honest, I might not have thought of it except for Goldycat's image, but blue might be an option for you.)

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

That's exactly where I was thinking!

Originally Posted by SillyJilly

What about something like this? I think doing that many little diamonds it may look cluttered. Just my opionion though!

That looks really nice too. Not "too much" but a very nice touch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

That's exactly where I was thinking!

That looks really nice too. Not "too much" but a very nice touch.
Wow... I was in a rush when i checked last and must have scrolled too fast and missed this one... i love that too! That looks really nice. Looks very classy.

Hmmm ill have to see, now that my Dad thinks its too boring i may change it up a little. It just seems when I do online browsing they are either too expensive or seriously tacky lol.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If this woman is really creative - tell her what you want -something simple and timeless... with a smattering of diamonds or just one suspended in the middle, etc.

Maybe something more modern and freeform that suggests the shape of the six sided star - more like sculpture. The smaller stones can be burnished set... "rubbed" in if you will.

Let her do a couple of drawings for you.

I am also getting a diamond pendant for my upcoming b-day (50). We are going to use the stones from my grandmother's engagement ring. My mom said the ring is cursed and never wanted her girls to use it as such.
And I am thinking of doing the same thing, just not a Jewish star. Something sculptural.

Do you have a Hebrew name? Another idea would be the first letter of your Hebrew name - again done stylized - with diamonds. I have one w/o diamonds and it's pretty cool.