People suck

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shelter I work at got two new cats today. The owner is pregnant and didn't want them anymore. She kenneled them up and had a pest control guy pick them up and drop them off at the shelter. No names or info. I hope she's a better mother than she is cat owner.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How terrible!!! I only hope that childbirth gives her more maternal instincts that those she currently possesses, otherwise....poor infant

Sending prayers and vibes that her discarded kitties find wonderful, true homes very, very soon

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is such a sad attitude. I hope the kitties find good homes soon, and "mother" has more commitment to her human child than she has demonstrated toward her feline ones.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've had that happen a number of times, sometimes to cats that people have had for a number of years.

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think that is one of the sorriest excuses for abandoning your pets. *sigh*

What if she gets pregnant again? Will she put that older child in a basket on someones porch?

Some people really shouldn't be allowed to have pets.

(sorry to rant!)

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sad thing too is, I am sure she will get a kitten for her kids and when they get tired of it or don't want to take care of it, she will take that one to the shelter too. Some people are so irresponsible

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GirlSetsFiyah

I think that is one of the sorriest excuses for abandoning your pets. *sigh*

What if she gets pregnant again? Will she put that older child in a basket on someones porch?

Some people really shouldn't be allowed to have pets.

(sorry to rant!)
my thoughts exactly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really very thankful that both of these cats are good looking and friendly. One is black though. I'm a bit worried about him but I'm brilliant at talking people around stupid things like superstition so he's in good hands with me!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Sad thing too is, I am sure she will get a kitten for her kids and when they get tired of it or don't want to take care of it, she will take that one to the shelter too. Some people are so irresponsible
That is exactly what I was thinking....and their children don't learn to respect animals, and the cold-hearted cycle continues

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It almost makes me cry when I check our local shelter's site and see a SENIOR cat... sometimes ten years plus... abandoned because the owner is having a baby or whatever other stupid reason (allergic too... pheh... I've developed sniffles, my good pal fluffy is going to the kill shelter.)

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't get it. Over the years I've fought to keep my animals through divorce, moving from one state to another, moving from one side of the state to the other and back, unemployment, good health and bad health (mine or their's). I have rented with animals and now own my house. But getting rid of them because they're suddenly inconvient has never occured to me. Other people on this board have gone through as much if not more to keep their pets. Sigh.....

I hope these two find a wonderful forever home or homes where they will be cherished.

As for the previous owners

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

We recently took in a pair of stray 4-paw declaws, approx 4 years old.

I will never get people
That makes me so sad...how can someone put a declawed cat out side to fend for itself, let alone one with all 4 paws...

My Fatty has all 4 paws declawed, one of the reasons we took him in cos I was so scared the previous "owner" would just let him out and he'd never defend himself. The poor guy can't even jump up on the counter without at least one failed attempt each time, let alone fight off a tom!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We recently took in a pair of stray 4-paw declaws, approx 4 years old.

I will never get people
That's the whole reason I have Maggie. The owners threw her out with her front paws declawed while she was little. They didn't want her anymore. How cruel to toss out a young, declawed cat outside to defend itself!

I will never get people either!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is appalling! SO when she doesn't want her children anymore, is she going to have CPS pick them up?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Our calls this week to surrender include a 12 year old they have had since a kitten because 'we are retired and want to travel now'
Don't you just love these stupid people. I sure hope they enjoy their traveling while their poor boy who loved them for 12 years suffers.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Our calls this week to surrender include a 12 year old they have had since a kitten because 'we are retired and want to travel now'
How DO you keep from committing murder?