Newbie in OK - Plus new kitten!

mcfluffy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, my name is Tisha. I've had cats all my life, until about 10 years ago... my SO is allergic to most cats, so my cat (The Dude) had to go live permanently with my parents and his uncles (my parent's 3 cats). And he's happy there. But I've missed him greatly... even though they only live on the next block over! I've just really missed LIVING with a cat.

Well, we went down to visit family, a couple of hours away, this weekend. We came back yesterday, with one of the barn kittens. Her dander doesn't seem to bother my SO... go figure. I'm not complaining though.

Her name is Cami (short for Camouflage, because of her coloring) and she's doing ok so far. We'll see if the house is still standing when we get home tonight. :-)

She was born inside, but has lived her whole life outside. We'll see how that goes, as she will now be required to be an inside only cat. We've got an appointment with our vet this Thursday, for her to get her shots.

While Keith and I were on the way home last night, we called my mom and she made an emergency trip to PetSmart for some Soft Claws. Cami let the three of us bumbling humans put them on her, and they were still on when I left the house this morning. Keep your fingers crossed for us. :-)

Oh! I almost forgot... go see her pictures. Ain't she pretty? Does anyone know... are her marking considered Calico or Tortoiseshell, or what?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tisha_m...7615714626255/

P.S. I'm having an issue with the "attach link" button. It doesn't seem to be working for me. Any suggestions?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cami is gorgeous!! what unusual markings, I'm thinking they call that a torbie?

in order to post pics, since you already have them stored in flickr, is to put image tags around it
it is the little yellow pic with mountains

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi Tisha...
Cami is adorable, I definitely see some tabby in her.

As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, click on my username, send a Private Message, I will do what I can to help. Please make yourself at home.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
looks a bit like a torbie, aka patched tabby. Firefox [my youngest] is a patched tabby, too - lighter than your little one, tho.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous kitty you got there - I am glad you have the opportunity to have a kitty again!

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry didn't get to the pic. But I see others are helping you. I look forward to seeing her pic. I know this sounds dumb, but what is SO?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mcfluffy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone.

@tweetykiss, "SO" stands for "Significant Other"

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for answering that. I did get to see Cami. It opened up on IE and I mainly work on Firefox. I think she is very cute. She looks a lot like Avalon. You can see her pic on my intro thread. It is titled Hi from Chicago.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. Cami looks a lot like my Cali (short for calico because she when she was born she was trying really hard to be a calico but didn't quite make it). I've been told that Cali is a brown patched tabby, also sometimes called a torbie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mcfluffy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@ Goldycat: Cali and Cami DO look a lot alike... even just their facial features. Does Cali also look like she has black eyeliner around her nose? Cami does and I think it's SO super cute. lol

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by mcfluffy

@ Goldycat: Cali and Cami DO look a lot alike... even just their facial features. Does Cali also look like she has black eyeliner around her nose? Cami does and I think it's SO super cute. lol
Yep. That's still the easiest way to tell Cali and Iris apart. Of course, I have to catch them first to look at their noses.

It looks like Cami has darker red patches than Cali, but they could still be sisters.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mcfluffy

Firefox doesn't - instead, she has a 1/2 pink, 1/2 black nose.

Cable, otoh, DOES have what my cousin called 'noseliner'!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would agree - patched tabby aka torbie or sometimes referred to as a tabbico. Her markings are stunning - she's a classic tabby with the swirled pattern... almost looks like Bengal coloring with that rich warm reddish brown and darker brown markings.