Name my kitten!

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
3-3.5 month old male with orange tiger coloration (you may have already seen it in another thread).

I've been thinking of names, and have some ideas. I'd like to post a poll though to see what people prefer just out of curiosity. So here they are:

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely think he looks like a Rusty! I would recommend either posting the link to his picture or posting his pic on this thread. You will get more responses this way

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought about suggesting a thread for cat names in your other thread lol
I went with Sonny but I'm still no help because I also like Charlie, Buddy, Rusty and Murphy

Here are more names you might want to consider....
Archie, Sammy, Bugsy and Ernie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ooh. Good idea. Well, this poll will be open for 5 days or so. I'll take a pic of him when I take him home tomorrow and post it.

In the meantime, this is his sister who looks almost exactly like him, just a teeny bit smaller.

It should give people a basic idea of what he looks like.

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Archie, Sammy, Bugsy and Ernie
I like Archie, Bugsy, and Ernie. Apparently I can't add them to the poll though.

Sammy is a good name, but my cousin's name is Sammy and she's a girl, so I tend to associate that name as being feminine now and the new guy is going to be a man's man.... I plan on the two of us loving power tools and changing the oil in my car together. lol (j/k of course, although I am that kind of guy - I can never have too many power tools).

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you brought him home yet?
He comes home today. He had to stay b/c the vet isn't in on the weekends and he needs a health check on his way out and to be neutered. He'll be home today, probably in some pain from the surgery, but I hope for him to heal up quickly. I've already set up the crate that Ally was using when she got hurt for him to sleep in until he's integrated. So he'll be in the same room as Ally, just in a crate with his own little litter box.

I want them to start getting to know each other through bars (just in case) and also so he can get used to using a real litter box - and lastly, it will give him an opportunity to heal up from surgery. It's a big crate covered in old bed comforters for warmth.

Still though, it's pretty fast. I went in yesterday (Sunday) and had to spend about 3 hours at the humane society (1 hour to pick out 3 kittens to meet, 1 hour to wait to meet them, and then after I picked, 1 hour to do the paperwork and everything else for adoption). Now I get to pick him up today.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

I like Archie, Bugsy, and Ernie. Apparently I can't add them to the poll though.

Sammy is a good name, but my cousin's name is Sammy and she's a girl, so I tend to associate that name as being feminine now and the new guy is going to be a man's man.... I plan on the two of us loving power tools and changing the oil in my car together. lol (j/k of course, although I am that kind of guy - I can never have too many power tools).
You're not really Tim The Tool Time Taylor are you?
J/K I grew up with 2 brothers and yep, cars and tools....the louder the better

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You're not really Tim The Tool Time Taylor are you?
I AM!!!!!

Just with less accidents. lol I love that show.

Here at the house, I do all of the repairs to save my parents money. We're talking everything from plumbing and electrical jobs, to building stuff like furniture for rooms. I did the same at my apartment when living on my own even though it was my landlord's job (I just figured it would take him a week or two to get a guy out to fix something when I can do it in a few hours to a day or two max). By the time I moved out, I had refurbished a good part of the apartment.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i voted for Murphy - mainly because it's the most unusual one. Ollie is too close to Ally - me, i'd end up calling them the wrong thing all the time w/names that close. i tend to do that, to some extent, anyway - but i'm more likely to do it when the names are similar.
i also like Archie, for the same reason.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, you might want to wait until you get him home before you decide on a name. A lot of time, it just kind of happens.

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was planning to do that. I just listed all the possible names I could think of (and that some members suggested) and got the ball rolling. The poll will be up for days.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some people go with a theme. With Ally as one, maybe "Broadway" would be a good choice for the boy. That was the name of a character on the Damon Runyon theater radio show. Oddly, we had a "Broadway" adopted at the shelter a while back, and he was an orange tabbby, but long-haired. Or maybe "Sidestreet."

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

You know, you might want to wait until you get him home before you decide on a name. A lot of time, it just kind of happens.
I agree.
Milo was originally named Linus the first couple days we had him, but after having him and seeing his personality and such, Linus didn't fit him anymore. It took us almost the rest of the week to finally decide on a name for him. He was definitely a Milo, though.

I voted Charlie on your poll, but after you said it I think I also prefer Archie.

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ollie and Ally?

I like it. Would they get confused as to who I'm calling for though?