do all cats sleep like this?

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or did Jake learn a bit too much from his humans

lol after I snapped those pics, he opened his eyes and stared at me like i'm soo weird!!! He didn't move even an inch though, and stayed like this with his eyes open....And then closed them and fell back asleep

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky does... So cute! Bugsy actually sleeps just like a huma, with his little paws under his head

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Lucky does... So cute! Bugsy actually sleeps just like a huma, with his little paws under his head
Awww!! Until I had Jake I had never seen a cat sleep like this. I guess they only do it during deep sleep and you don't see many cats do that unless you own one

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not all, my oldest and youngest sleep like normal cats (isn't that an oxymoron?), Baby Cat though, is always on her back in strange curled up or stretched out positions.

I'm glad he went back to sleep, I always feel so bad disturbing them with my annoying camera.
He's such a cutie

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Etcetera is the only one of my bunch that sleeps like that, but she does it exactly the same, with her rear feet curled up just so. It's too cute.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Chip does this quite often [so did Mouse]. i've also caught Java & Cable in similar positions...
Chip

Mouse

Java

Cable

i think it just depends on the cat.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww!!!

Larry sleeps like that. I love it when he does that. His back toes curl up and he looks so relaxed and comfortable!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww those are all such cute kitties!!!
Java's sleeping position looks so cute and crazy

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww... look at all those kitty tummies!

Java cracks me up - that does not look comfy!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder -- if cats sleep like that in the wild. Or ferals or strays. That's so exposed! I wonder... if cats do that in our homes b/c they feel safe and protected and they trust us... since the belly is a vulnerable spot.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

I wonder -- if cats sleep like that in the wild. Or ferals or strays. That's so exposed! I wonder... if cats do that in our homes b/c they feel safe and protected and they trust us... since the belly is a vulnerable spot.
Have a look at this video of this South African animal behaviourist with some lions.

It was on breakfast t.v. on friday and it's brilliant!

http://video.aol.ca/video-detail/afr...id=VIDLRVNWS03

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Cammy sleeps on the couch or bed she's on her back most of the time. Jon woke me up the first week she was with us and made look at how she was sleeping. She was on her back, between us, with her head on the pillows! It was so cute!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww.......... what cute kitties! Lazlo never slept on his back, but would sleep in what we called the "bunny rabbit" position with his little feet all curled up.

Billy sleeps on his back like that ALL the time.

It's just too cute when they do that!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Have a look at this video of this South African animal behaviourist with some lions.

It was on breakfast t.v. on friday and it's brilliant!

http://video.aol.ca/video-detail/afr...id=VIDLRVNWS03
That guy could easily be lunch for those cats!

The amazing thing was that full grown male, flat on his back, his front paws crooked at his chest and his back legs splayed open, asking for a belly rub, just like any little loving domestic feline! But I can't imagine they sleep like that. They trust him completely. And it's a good thing he can trust them, eh?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I love all the pics! Yes, Maia also loves to expose her belly while sleeping!
This is when she was a kitten...