Big Sale at PetCetera

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.petcetera.ca/page646.htm

Petcetera files for creditor protection, initiates immediate nationwide inventory sale

Canadian-owned pet food retailer provides customers with discounts of up to 70 per cent on all store merchandise as company restructures
Richmond, B.C., March 20, 2009 – Petcetera, Canadaâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s premier retail pet superstore, announced today that it is commencing a 60-day nationwide inventory sale to generate cash flow while it files a Notice of Intention to Make a Proposal to obtain creditor protection under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act. Starting on Saturday, March 21 the company will institute immediate price reductions of up to 70 per cent on their full range of pet merchandise.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't make it in, but I was wonderring..... if anyone does go, can you tell me the province of the store and whether you found some good deals or not?

I've only been to Petcetera once, and it was prior to getting Kizzy, so I have no idea what their prices are normally.... I'd be interested in the pricing on foods and cat trees, whether they are really good deals (like I normally spend $40 on a bag of TOTW food, if they have it for $30, that's a good deal to me and warrants spending the gas money to go to the store. But if the food costs 37, its not a good enough deal for me to go in.)

FYI: the store I'd be going to is the one in London, ON.

ETA: I looked on their homepage, and it says All merchandise is 15% off and on top of sale prices! Stock up on your pet needs this month at Petcetera.
Sale on until March 31st.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I didn't make it in, but I was wonderring..... if anyone does go, can you tell me the province of the store and whether you found some good deals or not?

I've only been to Petcetera once, and it was prior to getting Kizzy, so I have no idea what their prices are normally.... I'd be interested in the pricing on foods and cat trees, whether they are really good deals (like I normally spend $40 on a bag of TOTW food, if they have it for $30, that's a good deal to me and warrants spending the gas money to go to the store. But if the food costs 37, its not a good enough deal for me to go in.)

FYI: the store I'd be going to is the one in London, ON.
You might be able to call the store and ask.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FYI: I went there today (the one in London).

There's some good deals, and some not so good. Most items were 20% off, the odd ones were 50% off..... but I found their original prices to be higher than where I normally shopped so you definately have to pay attention to prices to know if you are getting a deal or not.

That said, I bought:

a cat carrier for $16.50 (reg. $32) (nothing fancy, Hagen Voyageur)
Fancy feast food for $0.60 (normally pay 0.65 at Pet Valu) I stocked up on that, bought 30 of em.
Nutrience cat food 1.5kg for $4.62

some fish food and dog food too.

So in all, it was worth the gas money for me to go.... saved at least $20 on the cat stuff and bout the same on the rest....

They don't carry alot of brands though.... They do have Nutro max cat, nutrience, eukanuba(sp), royal canin, and a couple others.