Dingleberries!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First understand that DW was born and raised in Iran and even though she is now a professor of English, there are certain things that she has not learned about. Yet.

The other day I was grooming Persi as I do every morning. DW walked by and mentioned what a handsome cat he was. I said he sure is but he had some dingleberries this morning I had to get off. She said dinglewhat? I then explained (and showed her) what dingleberries were.

But seriously folks, does everybody here on TCS know what dingleberries are?
I'll bet those with longhaired cats know.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup, I know what they are. And I agree, it occurs more often with long haired cats, but I once had a Manx that also experienced the phenomena.

It could be a movie: Attack of the Killer Dingleberries!

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Well, I am Brasilian, and have no clue of what that is...... What is it??
Dingleberries are little bits of poop that get tangled up in hair and...hang on

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Absolutely! Kitten could be in the running for Miss Dingleberry Queen!
Sometimes they stick for good, but sometimes they work themselves out and decorate the house, so I'm used to finding them in really weird places.

I have to keep a close eye on her 'dingleberry status' since her fur is so dark. Once I had NO IDEA she even had one, so they accumulated over a couple of days and practically blocked her bum. "Poop surgery" we called it.. she was TICKED.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

But seriously folks, does everybody here on TCS know what dingleberries are?
I'll bet those with longhaired cats know.
Yup, but my first introduction to dingleberries were not of the feline sort

lele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When we were kids we used to call each other "dingleberries". My mom would get so mad and tell us it was "nasty talk".. We had no clue why it was nasty, but ofcourse when I got older I figured it out, haha!! I still tell my husband he is one occassionally???

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittybernard

Absolutely! Kitten could be in the running for Miss Dingleberry Queen!
Sometimes they stick for good, but sometimes they work themselves out and decorate the house, so I'm used to finding them in really weird places.

I have to keep a close eye on her 'dingleberry status' since her fur is so dark. Once I had NO IDEA she even had one, so they accumulated over a couple of days and practically blocked her bum. "Poop surgery" we called it.. she was TICKED.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who finds them about the house. I usually laugh but DH is never so amused to see one sitting on the steps.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do....
Not a pleasant thing to deal with IMO. Thank God I have shorthairs and don't have to worry about dingleberries.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack is my dingleberries bearer in this house. Although they are rare they do happen to fuzzy pants. We try and keep the back end trimmed for that reason, there's nothing like a morning wake up with a cat butt full of dingleberries

**Sidenote** I have a cousin who refers to his blackberry phone as his dingleberry.

Leslie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatNurse22

Dingleberries are little bits of poop that get tangled up in hair and...hang on
Thank you for explaining that! I am sending you 5,000 points.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I call em klingons
Much better termage.

I call the long fur on Binks and Hoots hind legs, "bloomers". Like the old under garments that had poufy thighs.

As in, " she has a dingleberrie in her bloomers".

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I call them klingons too! Luckily my boys are short haired, so it doesn't happen very often.

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine gets the odd dingleberry! Bless his little heart, just the other day Alan (my cat not bf! hehe) was being very patient whislt I groomed him and got rid of a rough dingleberry! Hehehe. Its his long hair round his bottom and his legs (we call his fluffy legs his russian trousers, hahaha).

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Part of Stanley's daily grooming is a "dingleberry check" or sometimes we say "klingon attack"...actually I prefer Stanley's dingleberries to what Bella does when she has poop issues...scooting. Nothing like finding poop skid marks on the kitchen floor

Luckily, both have had minimal poop issues as of late.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
THANK YOU EVERYONE for giving me my laugh for the day. So often I spend time on TCS in tears - this was such a happy change.

I came home the other day and found one on my TABLECLOTH!!! Thank goodness we are so lazy we hardly ever eat at the dining room table.