Worm & his fishy friends

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Worm has been loving the fish tank lately.....maybe because I added a few new fishies. He has this friend I like to call Chug. Chug is a pleco but here is a few pics of my tank and Wormie watching his buddies.

Side shot of the tank

Worm just watching

getting excited cause his buddy Chug is getting ready to come out and eat.

his buddy Chug

ixi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Worm is so cute.

I've always been under the impression that cats would try to attack and eat the fish. I guess I was wrong.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

It's cat TV!!!!
exactly what it is. but a great source of relaxation for me too!

Worm is hillarious when he watches the fish, i need to get a video of it. He gets on the side of the tank and stretches his arm around the front trying to catch the fish...i die of laughter every time he does it. Worm loves to help feed them every morning and wait for Chug to come out. Chug hides in the log and it takes him a while to smell his algae wafers but once he does Worm goes crazy.
All 4 of my cats are really good with the tank. Worm and Sloth are the 2 that are crazy about it and yes they do get yelled at. Sloth likes to sit on the top and look down at them through the tiny itty bitty hole in the back. Big NO NO in my book.

Thanks everybody for looking!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a responsible guy Worm is, tending to his fish!

These pics are so cute! How long does he sit there normally? Days?

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, that is a really nice tank. Secondly, how cute is Worm stalking the fish? normally, it's the other way around. Thirdly, Chug is a great-looking fish.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pics!!!

I remember years ago my ex husband had a fish tank and my cat Bast brought me a fish she had fished out of it. The tank didn't have a very good top on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittybernard

What a responsible guy Worm is, tending to his fish!

These pics are so cute! How long does he sit there normally? Days?
Worm hangs out until Chug is done eating which is usually about an hr. Chug is shy and it takes him that long to realize his lil algae wafer is sitting there for him. He hops back up later in the day and watches some more, sometimes for a few hours at a time.

Originally Posted by myfamiliars

First of all, that is a really nice tank. Secondly, how cute is Worm stalking the fish? normally, it's the other way around. Thirdly, Chug is a great-looking fish.
Thank You!

Originally Posted by lil maggie

Awesome fish tank! Is that a placostomous?
Worm is enjoying his personal TV!
Hypostomus plecostomus aka a pleco.....you had it right, he is a normal everyday pleco you can get a pet store.