Anyone heard about Five Guys...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Burgers and Fries? A couple of them just opened up in the Detroit area. Doug and I tried it out this evening. REALLY good burgers and skin-on, fresh-cut fries! We were impressed with the quality out of what is essentially a fast food place. I liked it better than Fat Burger, which has a store across the way from this place.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've eaten at their places when visiting my sis in Charlottesville, VA. I've learned not to order the large fries-that's alot of fries!! Pretty good for a burger joint!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have them in GA too...I am not a fan of burgers so I've never been there.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have eaten at the one in Myrtle beach south carolina, we just heard they are opening some here in Cincinnati--my brother in law wanted to, seems someone beat him to it.

Leslie

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have it here and OMG the amount of food. I really like it but its sooooo fattening, there is no way I could eat there regularly, as much as I would want to, but its really good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

We have it here and OMG the amount of food. I really like it but its sooooo fattening, there is no way I could eat there regularly, as much as I would want to, but its really good.
Oh, don't I know it! It's an every-once-in-a-while treat.

dvldg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just got them at Patriot Place (Foxboro, MA). Loved them. I'm not a fry person but man I couldn't get enough of their fries.

meowmmy_aprile

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boss just took us all out to lunch there yesterday. The burgers were good and the cajun fries were good. They give you a lot of food. We all had the little burgers and they were almost too big for us to eat them all.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ate there over the weekend after the talk about it on here

I always get the little hamburger and no fries and that is plenty of food on its own!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is at least one in Charleston. A few coworkers went there not too long ago and really liked it. I have yet to go (and they didn't invite me that time, pfft!
)

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have them here in Atlanta. I've been there a few times and I think its good, but very greasy. Definately only a once in a while thing!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work at a Burger & Fries place so I like to think I'm an expert!

We don't have many places here - just the big chains (MCD's, Wendy's etc) and small Mom & Pop's

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Burgers and Fries? A couple of them just opened up in the Detroit area. Doug and I tried it out this evening. REALLY good burgers and skin-on, fresh-cut fries! We were impressed with the quality out of what is essentially a fast food place. I liked it better than Fat Burger, which has a store across the way from this place.
I have one of those about 10 minutes away from me. I get cravings from time to time. And they are relatively cheap I get a double cheese with bacon and large fries and large drink for about 7 bucks...Count your blessings and thank GOD it was not a tofu bar that opened up...
Diva likes the fries, she swiped a couple of the smaller ones and before I knew it, she was back looking at me for more...of course I obliged.