Excessive Meowing

kaylabug

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had my 2 cats now for about a year. One is a male (Smokey) and female (Baby). Baby got pregnant (and has had her kittens btw) and Smokey had been following her around etc. But now that they are separated he constantly meows! Is there anything I could do to make him stop meowing? I am thinking he is meowing since he is not around Baby anymore. He started right after we started keeping her away from him since she was pregnant. When we would let her out into the living room to pee, he doesn't really do anything other than lay down and be quiet. He doesn't mess with her much. He doesn't really get along with any other cat than her that I know of.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Get them spayed and neutered, and then there's no reason they can't be together!
If she's still caring for the kittens, wait until they're about 10 - 12 weeks old before you have her spayed. But he can be neutered right away, and then there's no reason he can't be around them.

Laurie

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

But he can be neutered right away, and then there's no reason he can't be around them.
Except that it takes up to 2 months for the hormones to settle after neutering, in that time he can still get her pregnant.