sensitive stomach food update

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its been a week that Little Miss is undergoing the switch from science diet i/d to california natural and its not good, her poos are runny and still some blood and now Domino and Slinky have runny poos, Dominos with blood and Genna is throwing up. my vet asked my if i would cook for my cats their own homemade food, she has good resources and will give me recipes. wht do you guys think, is homeade food better for bad tummys? their bloodwork was good and are neg for parasites. i already have Bobo who has skin allergy issues, i'm looking for some input should i try a new commercial food or go homemade(which isnt a problem i love to cook) please help me!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, you have more control over a homemade diet. however, you'll need to add things if it's the only food they're eating.
i supplement my furkids' wet food w/homemade wet - but only about 3 tablespoons to a can of food [split 3 ways after mixing] so i don't add a lot of stuff [like taurine, b-vites, etc.].

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, you have more control over a homemade diet. however, you'll need to add things if it's the only food they're eating.
i supplement my furkids' wet food w/homemade wet - but only about 3 tablespoons to a can of food [split 3 ways after mixing] so i don't add a lot of stuff [like taurine, b-vites, etc.].
from what my vet explained, Laureen, i will have to add supplementes to the diet, my vet and i are working together and she is open to nutritional health and will work together with outside sources if needed. i live in the hudson valley of ny and alot of vets are commercial even at the same practice as my vet by my vet seems to be quite the all natural girl as she really works with me that i domt want my cats on any sort of Hills food. Dr Clark is a gem of a girl

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jack31

why not go raw?

Leslie
Cant answer for the OP but in some cases cooked is far better for the individual cat ... and in some cases they will eat cooked but not raw
when I see one cat who prefers only kibble eat a grasshopper

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Cant answer for the OP but in some cases cooked is far better for the individual cat ... and in some cases they will eat cooked but not raw
when I see one cat who prefers only kibble eat a grasshopper
sharky i think you have recipes for nuritionaly complete cooked diets hope i'm not wrong, and if you could PM some of them to me to compare when ivisit my vet i would appreciate it.

sweetpea24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey sharky,
Could you also please pm those recipes as well? Maybe one that doesn't taste good to dogs?
(I know that's not possible - just kidding)

Thanks, I await your sage advice!

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a recipe from the vet for while Little miss hs diarrhea and its 6oz cooked turkey , 1/2 c rice 1 tsp unflavored metemucil, 600 mg calcium carbonate and 1 human multi vitamin. seems too simple to be true. i need to do more research i think

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by BBDOLL22

I got a recipe from the vet for while Little miss hs diarrhea and its 6oz cooked turkey , 1/2 c rice 1 tsp unflavored metemucil, 600 mg calcium carbonate and 1 human multi vitamin. seems too simple to be true. i need to do more research i think
a bit too simple... and slightly hard on a sensitive system...

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks Sharky, i got your PM. my girl wont eat the recipe above that my vet gave me. Little miss had no dry food yesterday and in the am only some Tiki Tuna. she wouldnt eat the homeade for diner but i couldnt believe it this morning she had a norml poop!!!!! she now hasnt had anythng to eat since the tiki yesterday am and is begging for food non stop. i wish she'd eat her homeade diet. but i also am thinking maaybe the dry cat food was causing her diarrhea.