I'm a little sad right now...

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's going to sound strange, but today while my hubby was cleaning one of his fish tanks his Oscar Opie passed away. She was fine and swimming a little bit around the tank then she went to a corner of the tank and just passed away.
She was pretty old but I still feel sad. We've had her for 10 years. Rip Opie, You'll be missed...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't sound strange at all... Swim in peace at the rainbow bridge sweet Opie...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
RIP Opie ... Weird NO , I cried for a few days when my first betta died

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww the way you wrotes this just shows that you really had really warm feelings toward your fishy...It made me sympathize with you even though I've never been sad over losing a fish before...
RIP Opie..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your comforting replies. It's been 2 days and I still miss her.
But I know she went the best way possible, quick and peacefully.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow 10 years is a long time! It doesn't sound weird at all to mourn for a fish who's spent 10 years with you.

Rest in Peace, Opie

On the other spectrum of things, there are subhumans who can spend 6 years with a dog and then abandon it for no good reason "My wife is having a baby and she doesn't want the dog anymore" *mutter mutter*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Wow 10 years is a long time! It doesn't sound weird at all to mourn for a fish who's spent 10 years with you.

Rest in Peace, Opie

On the other spectrum of things, there are subhumans who can spend 6 years with a dog and then abandon it for no good reason "My wife is having a baby and she doesn't want the dog anymore" *mutter mutter*
I hear ya. I don't know how they can treat animals like something that you can throw away at your earliest convience...

tabbycalicogurl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry about Opie.She lived a wonderful 10 years with you.
It's not werid at all to be sad over Opie.I still miss my betta fish.Fish are wonderful little pets.
Rest in Peace Opie