Jack's got skillz--or maybe he just wants the treat

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry about me being in this video--I wanted it to be legit and I thought if you could just see the cat that it wouldn't be as legit (and of course Hubby wasn't here to tape it so I had to do it all myself). So here is Jack performing the very few tricks he currently knows--we are working on more. There is alittle cameo of Harley in the beginning.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v407/cinderella19/?action=view&current=MVI_4329.flv

Leslie

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute!!!!! The only tricks mine perform is to make cute faces to get treats - doesn't take much, really

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack says thanks!

We are trying some new tricks now that are a little more complicated so its a slow process. Weaving between my legs and sit and stay.

I attempted this all with Harley but he doesn't even know his own name, plus he doesn't respond to treats so it was a no go.

Leslie

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Way to go Jack! Very smart boy you've got there!

The only "trick" any of mine know is out of necessity. Mojo goes insane when the treats come out. She tries to get in the bag, grab them away from me, grabs them away from the other cats who don't inhale them... So she learned "Sit Nice" because otherwise she was a holy terror! She's so treat motivated I'm sure she could learn more, but trying to feed her and 4 other kitties treats (that they all love) isn't conducive to teaching tricks.

mai_kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is pretty cool. Are you sure you don't have a dog dressed in cats clothing?

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks--considering the fact that his other talent is playing fetch (posted that video a couple weeks ago) and he has been known to join me in the tub, I wouldn't doubt he's part dog.

I was pretty impressed with how quickly he caught on to the training. I got a training book for Christmas and never dreamed he would accomplish any of it.

Leslie

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww that was really cute!!! Hes soo talented!
And he is adorable as well
. My Junebug will sit on command if i have a treat but that is it lol.

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww, that's awesome! and the fact that he's a very handsome boy adds to it!!!

You'll have to post more once he learns so new tricks!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jack31

I was pretty impressed with how quickly he caught on to the training. I got a training book for Christmas and never dreamed he would accomplish any of it.
Wow.. he's a natural intelli-cat!!

I'm trying to teach Johnboy targeting and other tricks too. What book did you use??

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks.

The book we are using is Cat Training in 10 minutes. Although we didn't use the target method--I didn't want to get that seriously into it to be honest. I have just sort of picked the things I wanted to see him do and taught those. I want to start working on stay, we've done weaving in the legs a little as well as jumping between chairs a little, but he's not so great at the jumping between chairs, I need to find something else for him to jump onto.

Leslie

ericapurr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jack31

Sorry about me being in this video--I wanted it to be legit and I thought if you could just see the cat that it wouldn't be as legit (and of course Hubby wasn't here to tape it so I had to do it all myself). So here is Jack performing the very few tricks he currently knows--we are working on more. There is alittle cameo of Harley in the beginning.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v407/cinderella19/?action=view&current=MVI_4329.flv

Leslie
Cute!! I have a cat that looks like your yellow one. He is only 6 months old though!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww,that's so cool!

I've taught two of my cats to sit and give a paw if I have treats for them.
The other one does it now also when he is begging for food, he comes to me and gives his paw and wonders why he's not getting a reward..
(Though usually he does because he's so darn cute when he does that..
)