Mau kitten - cute story

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OK, my kittens are three weeks old. There are four of them, from my GC Mau girl. They are hopefully going to be the foundation of my breeding program so I am very excited to see how they grow. I have their jumbo dog-crate set up in the spare room beside the bed, so I can lay on the bed and watch them. Over the last 3 days they have developed to the point where they crawl pretty enthusiatically, if uncoordinated. They play with each other and with the bars and just seem to be happy to be able to explore their world.

I talk to them to get them used to me, and pet them as well. I don't pick them up a whole lot as they don't really like it, but they are getting used to me rubbing their fuzzy tummies. I think I have 3 boys and 1 girl but I am not certain. They are just starting to try to clean themselves and to scratch themselves when they are itchy - but they usually fall over when they try. I am starting to think this is my favourite kitten stage, but I may change my mind when they develop a bit more.

They have started coming toward me when I talk to them, and they mew back when I talk. There is one, however, that will sit at the side of the crate, look at me and just MEOW. I tell him/her that I don't understand cat and I don't know what he/she wants. So last night I brought him/her out onto the bed with me and let him/her explore. The little thing stopped mewing, and walked around sniffing, and then purred when I stroked him/her. He/she was happy to be out and able to walk around. I am so amazed that tiny little bundles of wobbly legs and fur are aware enough to ask for what they want.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You didn't put a cuteness overload warning on this thread!!!

They are just too precious. I want to come over and play with them.

rahma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Put me on the list for one in a few years
I've been obsessed with egypt since I was a child - I was going to be an egyptologist. That didn't work out, but I did get myself an egyptian husband. A mau would be the perfect addition
I already have a name picked out for my future mau kitty - Rabia al Masri - Rabia of Egypt.

If you need help with finding egyptian-ish names, I know lots

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I want to call my adventurous friend Ozymandius or Ozzy...

Oh yeah - I need 4 Egyptian names. The mom is Skylark and the Dad is Tsekani (closer).

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are just toooo cuuuute! And It does sound like you have an adventurer in the bunch! He wanted OUT!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

You didn't put a cuteness overload warning on this thread!!!

They are just too precious. I want to come over and play with them.
No kidding! How adorable!!!!