kitty litter facial

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone tried it? I know we all have plenty of litter around...I'm not sure i'm all willing to try it but we'll see how desperate I get for a good facial

Here is the video that explains it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-x6h...eature=channel

Lol one of the comments on the video:
"I did this and it seemed to work. But then I fell asleep and a cat peed on my face!!!"

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, as long as it's unused kitty litter, I'm willing to give it a try. I think I'll lock the kittys out of the bathroom though.
Seriously, it does make sense...most facial masks are from clay and this sounds much cheaper.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I dunno, the perfume in the litter might be an irritant. I get the mud masks in a tube from Walmart and they're usually not very expensive.
you're supposed to use unscented litter. i also think it's supposed to be the non-clumping kind.
it's an idea, but some of the comments pointed out that food-grade betonite clay is available @ some health food stores. seems like it would be less likely to be contaminated by random rocks, etc.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It makes perfect sense, it is clay after all. There are lots of natural things in your home that you can use to make your own beauty products that are as good, if not better, and most certainly cheaper than those found in stores.

I'm going to have to give that one a try myself

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
you can use oatmeal too.
for a cheap facial scrub put a tsp. of sugar in your hand and add a couple drops of liquid soap. wet your face beforehand. then scrub your face. your face will feel really soft and sugar melts as you rinse it so ydon't worry about getting it in your eyes and sugar is antibacterial

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

Lol one of the comments on the video:
"I did this and it seemed to work. But then I fell asleep and a cat peed on my face!!!"
I wasn't expecting that!

I really hope it wasn't clumping litter! What a good laugh for the day!!